Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Starts Next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

mike65 wrote: »
    14:00 N25 Waterford Bypass No Recent Rainfall 49.7°C 23.8°C 2 Km/h
    Easterly

Get decent grip!
    Forget decent grip. with a road temp as high as that the tar must be melting and it would be like a skating rink.

Don't you love our roads, frost breaks them up in winter, then the sun melts what remains:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

27° c at Shannon Airport at 1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Could any of us have seen 27C as likely a few days ago.
    Remarkable stuff.
    Paddy Power are still taking bets on the maximum all year being under 20C at 16-1 lol

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Could any of us have seen 27C as likely a few days ago.
    Remarkable stuff.
    Paddy Power are still taking bets on the maximum all year being under 20C at 16-1 lol

I seen it! Predicted mid 20s last weekend :P it's currently 26.5 here in longford. the wind had almost calmed too. Remember, sunblock people!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Now 28C at Shannon Airport
    http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

That's the May record for Shannon gone.

• Advertisement

Surely the all time record has been broken??
    Can anyone confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

28c at shannon
    28.2 on my gauge.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Surely the all time record has been broken??
    Can anyone confirm

The record is 28.4C

http://www.met.ie/climate-ireland/extreme_maxtemps.pdf

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pangea wrote: »
    28c at shannon
    28.2 on my gauge.
    Just short and time is running out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Remember, even a 27.5 °C will go down as 28 on their website so there could still be one whole degree to go to beat the record of 28.4.

Kerry Airport's reporting 27 °C at 1520Z.

• Advertisement

Well whether the record is beaten or not, who cares it's been an amazng week of weather!
    I'd be willing to wager that Met Eireann will find some location that beats the record by this evenings 9pm news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Su Campu wrote: »
    Remember, even a 27.5 °C will go down as 28 on their website so there could still be one whole degree to go to beat the record of 28.4.

Kerry Airport's reporting 27 °C at 1520Z.

Indeed, we'll need to see a 29 °C (28.5 to 29.4) on the reports to know the record has been broken.

Does anyone know if the hourly temps are either a snapshot of the temp on the hour, a highest value withing the hour, or an average value?

Rougies wrote: »
    Indeed, we'll need to see a 29 °C (28.5 to 29.4) on the reports to know the record has been broken.

Does anyone know if the hourly temps are either a snapshot of the temp on the hour, a highest value withing the hour, or an average value?

It's on the hour

Still 28 °C at 1630

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Temps on the car thermometer here hitting 29C in the last hour, even in the shade when driving. I know it's probably not too accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

High I recorded today was 27.5°C, current temp is 25.9°C

The density altitude at Shannon Airport at the moment is 1536 ft, i.e. takeoff performance will be what it would be if the airport were at 1536 ft, not near sea level. Takeoff runs will be longer than normal

27 °C also reported at Donegal Airport at 1530Z, 26 at Sligo Airport and 24 at Waterford Airport.

Back down to 27 °C at Shannon at 1700. I don't think the record will have been broken, I wouldn't say it got above 28.0.

Reading 30c on the car temp here, I know its probably not reliable but gives you an idea as to the heat out there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Temp just hit 25.3c which is the Highest May temp ever recorded at a Waterford station.

Previous best 25.1c in May 1998

:D

Edit: Maxed out at 25.5c just after 6pm

• Advertisement

Temp just hit 25.3c which is the Highest May temp ever recorded at a Waterford station.

Previous best 25.1c in May 1998

:D

Edit: Maxed out at 25.5c just after 6pm

Currently just over 24 here and my arms are red :(

Shannon maxed out at 27.8 °C in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

I was out for a cycle from 1pm-3pm, the computer got a reading of 32.3C, a lot of residual heat bouncing up from the tarmac. What a great day though :D

Other maxes (Belmullet not yet confirmed)

Mace Head 26.2
    Valentia 26.0
    Finner, Claremorris, Oak Park 25.6
    Gurteen 25.4
    Ballyhaise 24.0
    Mullingar 23.0
    Roche's Point, Cork Airport 21.8
    Casement 21.1
    Sherkin Island 20.8
    Dublin Airport 20.4
    Johnstown Castle 20.1

Goes to show that inland doesn't always mean warmer, seems to be the coastal locations that got the highest.

Tarmac is melting around here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

22C here; nice but no melting tar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

What a day! Just back from the beach, still plenty of heat out there and not a cloud in the sky

Peaked at 27.3C in Letterkenny, 27C at Donegal Airport as well which is closer to where I was for the day

Looking at the Norweigen HIRLAM model, which was bang on with today's temps, its predicting up to 26C in places again tomorrow :)

12052615_2_2512.gif

Belmullet got to 26.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Durrow, South Laois County... 25.4c - Met Eireann station.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Max of 25.7c achieved on my in-hedge La Crosse at 16.32 today and 28.8c on the Davis V2 which is a bit over the top. Feels very sultry now with a warm breeze. Zephyr!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement