Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Starts Next week

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Extended warmth for much of the country tomorrow. Seems the high that's sat on top of us is refusing to budge. On Wednesday the forecast showed a breakdown on Saturday but looks like much of the country will see a breakdown on Monday. Tomorrow looks about the same as today except for the far south of the country.

I reckon midlands, east, northwest and north might keep mid 20's into Monday. The system south of us has been deteriorating in the last few runs. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All over for us sometime overnight by the looks of it, fully expecting to wake to cloudy skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Been hovering around 25.7c here for past while with a strong lovely breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

22.8c here and wind beginning to ease... Fcuk the grass it can wait till monday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

Extended warmth for much of the country tomorrow. Seems the high that's sat on top of us is refusing to budge. On Wednesday the forecast showed a breakdown on Saturday but looks like much of the country will see a breakdown on Monday. Tomorrow looks about the same as today except for the far south of the country.

I reckon midlands, east, northwest and north might keep mid 20's into Monday. The system south of us has been deteriorating in the last few runs. :)

Yep, it can be seen on the satellite timelapse over the last few hours:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html

Thundery showers can be seen just at the tip of Cornwall (satellite + radar).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah plenty of action from it just off Cornwall, bit of a waste when it's all over the sea

17078829.png

25.7C max here today, tomorrow looks about the same again away from south Munster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Been gusty today in North Wexford but the wind has eased to a pleasant light breeze to create a warm, idyllic evening. Around 19/20C in the past hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

25.8 °C at Belmullet was the warmest today, followed by 25l7 at Shannon and 25.5 at Mace Head. Coolest were Sherkin Island and Johnstown Castle with 18.4 and 18.9, respectively.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

21.5c max here today. 5th consecutive day of 21c + temps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

DOCARCH wrote: »
    21.5c max here today. 5th consecutive day of 21c + temps.

24.3 max here and notably less hazy at a surface level than yesterday although still apparent higher up. Very gusty also with some gale gusts. Amazing though how less strong the wind seems on warm days like this. Still 20.7c and feeling 'sticky'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Another day of wall to wall sunshine in Castlebar from Dawn till Dusk,its great and long may it last!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

And just looking at the 2200 Reports, Belmullet is still 20 Degrees along with Mace Head and Knock Airport at 18 Degrees,it must be a very long time since it was 18 Degrees at Knock at 10pm !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

compsys wrote: »

For the rest of the country, yes, next week will feel a lot cooler, but not for those in most of Leinster.

Indeed, temp never went above 22C and every night (last night included) it fell to 10C.

No tossing or turning in the sack here! No open windows at night :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

25.2c in Sligo today after 26.2c yesterday. lowest temperature was 15.4c

Tomorrow will probably be 24.2c then 22c Monday and back to teens for a bit till Friday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sticky oul night here in Galway. I'll happily suffer this till September if required. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i'm down in youghal atm and after spending weekends down here since the start of april, this is the first morning where i've woken up and not been cold. seriously can we keep this weather, it's perfect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

mike65 wrote: »
    All over for us sometime overnight by the looks of it, fully expecting to wake to cloudy skies.

Or not Mike :D That low much further south than forecast :pac:

Indeed! and as I type no signs of the front but the sat pic shows its not far off

http://www.met.ie/sat/iuk-v.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

Well, that's our summer gone then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Just a note on Friday's temperatures. Newport, Co. Mayo - a Met Éireann climate station - recorded 26.8 °C, so second after Shannon's 27.8 °C.

Others here http://www.met.ie/climate/daily-data.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Interesting to see Belmullet up to 24c already (12pm)

Slightly cooler here today but still beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Su Campu wrote: »
    Just a note on Friday's temperatures. Newport, Co. Mayo - a Met Éireann climate station - recorded 26.8 °C, so second after Shannon's 27.8 °C.

Others here http://www.met.ie/climate/daily-data.asp

I thought I read in the paper that Ardfert in Kerry got to 28.3c?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Today in the mid west and north west could be a record breaker. Barely a breath of wind, currently in my back yard its 26.8c all this week its been near enough accurate (according to nearby met stations). Blue skies and it feels red hot.
    Garden is so dry as we've been quite dry the last few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

rc28 wrote: »
    I thought I read in the paper that Ardfert in Kerry got to 28.3c?

Yeah I read that yesterday as well, Belmullet already at 25C on the 1pm report today

Another stunning day here, no wind so feeling even hotter than the past few days, 24.1C and rising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Top temperatures on the 1pm met reports showing a pretty wide range in temperatures across the country. 25c at Belmullet to just 13c at Cork Apt.
    206489.PNG206491.png

22.6c in Tomb at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

My Granny's wake was yesterday evening in the West. It was such a beautiful day for it, many people spilled out on to her front garden with a beautiful sunset in the background.

Clouded over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I seen the army helicopter above, putting out the fires.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Faded Glory

Dull and overcast in Cork City. Temps dropping to 12c currently.

Oh and now it's starting to rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Blooming gorgeous here in D3. In the beer garden with a gin n skinny. Days like this make you happy to be alive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement