Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dropped iphone TWICE!!

• 18-05-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi All
    200 euro later after two smashed screens , by dropping accidentailly

can anyone recommend a good quality cover that will stop the glass breaking in particular , if it was too fall; again.

Its like toast always falls on the buttlered side!!

thanks in advance

Minder

PS Have used lots of leather type ones - useless .

Want one that you can diall etc /.answer without taking cover
    off ....thks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I have an Exspect silicon case and the phone is in near perfect nick a year and a half later and it's endured some amount of abuse :D

Try get a wraparound skin so that even if the phone falls screen side down, the "lip" on the skin takes the brunt of the impact and the screen itself doesn't actually come in contact with the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

would you recommend this exspect case for iphone?

thks

minder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

minder2009 wrote: »
    would you recommend this exspect case for iphone?

thks

minder

[This] is the specific one I have, can't fault it. It does add a bit of bulk to the iPhone form factor but well worth it IMO.

You can pick them up in the carphone warehouse iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I always have the otterBox commuter on my iPhones and clear screen protector bought this one when the iPhone 4 came out then I put it on my 4s,it has been dropped once or twice but still no marks or damage to My iPhone great investment.

http://m.otterbox.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-otterbox_us-Site/default/mProduct-Show?pid=APL4-I4SUN&dwvar_APL4-I4SUN_color=20&start=5&cgid=apple-iphone-4s-cases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭jamesd

Otterbox defender - my 4 fell from the roof and landed on Tarmac and phone was perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 James Doyle123

jamesd wrote: »
    Otterbox defender - my 4 fell from the roof and landed on Tarmac and phone was perfect.

I find i drop mine all the time I got a cheap €15 case from this crowd and I dont care if I drop it now its almost unbreakable, www.gadgetrepair.ie

I do find if I drop it I always try to break its fall with my foot seems to be helping, so rather than freaking out when its falling stop it with your foot before it hits the ground you'd be amazed how much diff it has made i.e I havent broke mine yet

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

I have an Otterbox for my 4s...I wouldn't recommend anything else!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

The original apple bumpers with the Plastic and silicone, I've never seen a broken phone with one of them, mid you they don't last too long, you'll get about 6months max out of one

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Would recommend a Griffin Armored Survivor case, full Mil-spec case, better than Otterbox imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭martco

I've had them all, otterbox etc. I had an idea to setup a shop selling this stuff but I couldn't make the numbers stick so I bought a few and tested last year....
    IMO there's only one that will go the distance - Griffin Survivor Military...and by a clear mile too. the only downside is its a little more bulky than the others but only by a fraction (and lets face it it's not like any of these covers are invisible now is it?)
    I've also tried the iPad ones too...in that case it's a tie for joint 1st place between the Griffin Survivor and the Gumdrop Military...I have a little Down Syndrome son who field tests for me btw and believe me he makes both the iPhone and iPad go through more than any of those youtube drop tests you'll see.
    oh and forget those stupid gel rubber band things...not for protection more fashion fad, they're not worth the money and IMO zero use if you want to run your iphone and ipad insurance free, trust me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement