Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling house with 2 auctioneers

Options
  • 18-05-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody has sold their house or got a bit more interest by having a second auctioneer selling the house?
    we have a house for sale nearly 2 years, feck all interest and the usual courtesy at xmas to say "things have picked up or might have some interest in the new year"

Is it possible/legal etc to put a second auctioneer on the job to try help sell it.

Any feedback advice would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

robclay26 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anybody has sold their house or got a bit more interest by having a second auctioneer selling the house?
    we have a house for sale nearly 2 years, feck all interest and the usual courtesy at xmas to say "things have picked up or might have some interest in the new year"

Is it possible/legal etc to put a second auctioneer on the job to try help sell it.

Any feedback advice would be great

There's no legal difficulty or otherwise having 2 agents selling your house. You may just incur more fees..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

There is nothing illegal or unusual in joint agency. Costs will be higher. If sole agency is 1.5% plus costs, joint agency would be 1% per agent (both get paid regardless of who makes the sale).

I would caution that if you are 2 years with little interest, the price is probably wrong. Lower it enough and you will generate interest. I know you possibly have a price at which you can't sell below without making a loss. But if it's not priced right in this buyers Market, you simply won't sell. Your EA sounds very shoddy if they haven't discussed this with you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

robclay26 wrote: »

its a waste of money getting 2 to try to sell it. You pay more fees and each auctioneer leaves the work to the other one as they know they will get half the commission if its sold.

Advertisement