Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Broadband - customer 'service' and technical 'support' !?!?

• 18-05-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just put up this thread
    1) to see if anyone else has had similar issues
    2) if so, if they got their issues resolved
    3) warn & make others aware of deficiencies in Magnets service
    4) see if their representative on boards can help me resolve this issue

Brief history of this issue - done by calls to their 'support' line

Apr 25 -
    Despite no change in my router settings or anything other wiring (read on) my connection kept dropping.
    Rang them.
    Only solutions they offered - wait for a magnet router to be sent out, hire an electrician to check the internal wiring in my house
    After another call they did a line check told me there was a problem and would be RESOLVED IN 5 DAYS and that my account would be flagged as having no service and reflected in my subsequent bills.

Apr 28 -
    looked for an update nothing - just bull about being with a level 2 engineer and level 1 couldn't deal with this.
    Was also now told that this still maybe a problem with my router -despite my previous call. Asked for an update to be provided as soon as possible - which I never received.

May 2 -
    previous day my connection came back with a much reduced speed - less than 1Mb when I am paying for 'up to 24Mb' (Since I got thier service typical speed is between 9-10 Mb and never more that 12Mb)
    Rang them to inform them - nothing still done with my case from the level2 engineer - and to confirm that the problem definitely wasn't with my router.
    Was told, AGAIN that they would update the case and requested a call back for an update (which I didn't receive).

May 9 -
    full week plus without any dropping of the connection but still with the reduced speed. Rang again looking for an update.
    Told the same crap about still with the Level2 engineer and guy on the phone couldn't provide an update.
    Was told that he would update my case and again requested a call back for an update whcih I was told (YET AGAIN) would be made the following day.
    Also in the meantime I received a bill for the full amount - despite my account being flagged as having no service - thier answer to this - have to ring the billing department to sort this out - thanks !

At the moment am still with the reduced speed - an have yet to receive an update.
    Have never recieved such poor customer service or technical support or disregard for sorting out my issue and not even providing an update as promised.

I know this is a bit of a rant - but if anyone ever searches for Magnet again on boards at least this warning is there, and I'm sure my case isn't an isolated one. Even while one the phone to them before could here the same stuff spouted to another customer about their issue being with 'Level 2' Engineer - do customers really give a sh*t about this - when all they want is their issue to be resolved.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Magnet: Gary

Hi,

I am sorry to see you are having such intermittent and slow broadband services, can you PM me your account details and I will get straight on it.

Thanks

Gary

Advertisement