Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everything Euro 2012!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Which is not what I was asking at all.

I was asking is there actual evidence of the 'monkey chanting', 'disgusted players moving to opposite end of pitch', 'interviews with irate players' in the Dutch training session in Krakow thats being reported.

It could well be true, but a bit of me thinks that theres a possibility that one Danish agency has got the wrong end of the stick, and that the UK newspapers/media have dived on it without verifying it.

Presumably Marc Van Bommel, speaking for the team knew what he was hearing! They moved across the pitch to the far side from the Polish crowd who were making noises. UEFA have noted there have been reports of racist noises this morning.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/08/racist-chants-holland-uefa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Which is not what I was asking at all.

I was asking is there actual evidence of the 'monkey chanting', 'disgusted players moving to opposite end of pitch', 'interviews with irate players' in the Dutch training session in Krakow thats being reported.

It could well be true, but a bit of me thinks that theres a possibility that one Danish agency has got the wrong end of the stick, and that the UK newspapers/media have dived on it without verifying it.

it's not just the UK papers reporting it, it's everywhere link but the knvb don't think it was racially motivated though & aren't making a compliant, go to the belfast telegraph link to see the reasons
    UEFA: There were racism taunts at Dutch training
    Published June 08, 2012
    FoxSports
    WARSAW, Poland (AP) – UEFA has been informed that there was racist chanting at the Netherlands team training this week and said Friday it will take action if there is a repeat of such abuse.
    ''UEFA has now been made aware that there were some isolated incidents of racist chanting,'' UEFA said in a statement.
    Netherlands captain Mark van Bommel has been quoted as complaining about racist chants at one end of the stadium during a training session that was open to the public on Wednesday. About 25,000 spectators attended the session.
    ''He has heard noises and by moving to the other side, we nipped it in the bud,'' the Dutch federation said Friday.
    Netherlands teammate Ibrahim Afellay told De Telegraaf newspaper that the jeers had ''saddened him.'' However, the Dutch federation said Thursday it did not file a complaint to UEFA.
    The Dutch were training in Krakow before leaving to face Denmark in their Group B opener on Saturday at Kharkiv, Ukraine.
    The training session came only hours after the team, which for decades has been a reflection of the multicultural makeup of the nation, had made solemn and emotional visits to the former Auschwitz-Birkenau death camps close to Krakow.
    Racism has emerged as a key issue for the Euro 2012 tournament in Poland and Ukraine.
    A recent British television documentary, entitled ''Stadiums of Hate,'' fueled concerns about fans' behavior at club matches. The program was shown in Poland earlier this week and the issue dominated questions at the first news conference of UEFA President Michel Platini at the tournament.
    Platini promised that referees will stop matches if players suffer racist abuse. But he also warned players they would be shown a yellow card if they acted alone by walking off the field.
    ''UEFA has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to discriminatory behavior and has given the power to referees to stop matches in case of any repeated racist behavior,'' UEFA said Friday.
    The sole black player on the Czech Republic's team, Theodor Gebre Selassie, said he hoped racism wouldn't flare up in the stadiums.
    ''We don't know yet what the situation will be like at the stadiums,'' he said, adding that he would not walk off the field. ''I'm not ready to give up. I definitely won't leave. I'll stay until they throw stones at me.''

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/sports/2012/06/08/uefa-there-were-racism-taunts-at-dutch-training-1856447009/#ixzz1xCYU0O4i

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Have RTE lined up any special guests to join the three Amigos on the panel over the course of their Euro 2012 coverage?

Steve Kean would be a good guest imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Have RTE lined up any special guests to join the three Amigos on the panel over the course of their Euro 2012 coverage?

Steve Kean would be a good guest imo.

Just as long Dunphy is there I'll be kept happy, believe Didi Hamman will be there too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    I really don't think so

Did you see the footage? It wasn't isolated incidents either

The Ukrainian police denying anything like it happened is the most shocking thing

How do you know it wasnt isolated? They showed incidents from only matches and some graffitti that you could find in any city in Europe. Im not saying there isnt a problem but that programme was sensationalist in the extreme and very poor jounalism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

All the games on the RTE Player I'm guessing?

Btw, anyone see Carroll in training today? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Here is 12 minutes of the Dutch training session at which the racist noises were heard, its obviously not the whole thing and there are edits (also I only flicked through it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Renn wrote: »
    All the games on the RTE Player I'm guessing?

Btw, anyone see Carroll in training today? :D

Apt clip after his performance in training today :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Who do you lot think Spain will go for up front - Torres or Llorente?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Torres in the opener whether that lasts all that long I'm not certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Group C preview.
    http://cork.studenty.me/2012/06/08/euro-2012-group-c-preview/

I reckon Torres will be the main striker but I wouldn't discount Negredo either. He's been in good form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

English statistician gives us 62% chance of getting out of group. Also, gives us a 7% chance of winning outright and ranks us 8th, ahead of Italy and way ahead of Croatia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Here's hoping for some punditry gold. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

batistuta9 wrote: »
    yeah i don't think the should increase it either but they are, is it just for more money?

this is the last proper euro's & it's good ireland qualified. From 2016 on i'd be expecting ireland to be regulars

It is? Or was the last proper euros 1992 before the disgraceful doubling from 8 teams? Nah, really the last proper euros was surely the last finals with a mere four teams.

Competitions evolve, get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hope the mods don't mind me leaving this here, as I didn't see a thread in this forum. If anyone wants in on the Euro 2012 Fantasy Football leagues we're running on the FSA forum. Codes to join are here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Pretty shíte theme music compared to other years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

does anyone know what channels its on? was watching rte 2 hd and it cut off WTF!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I can't watch RTE2HD either say's you have to upgrade your subscription hell no.

Any other channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

That opening montage on RTE gave me goosebumps.

COYBIG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Probably posted somewhere or other, but testing knowledge of Euro kits..

http://www.threematchban.com/quiz/guess-the-european-championship-team-from-their-classic-football-shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Anyone else's Sky HD RTE 2 just gone off the air?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I got the same problem. Presume it's only sky subscribers. Ringing cs now. if they try to charge me extra to watch rte two I'm going to f'in cancel.

On to them now.... They're resending the signal..

Speak up there Dave. ;)

Resending the signal can take up to two hours to work. If that doesn't work they've suggested a software upgrade.

Typical right as the Euro's were starting. Think there's a bit more behind this than a signal resend or a software upgrade. Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

To Alcohol wrote: »
    Resending the signal can take up to two hours to work. If that doesn't work they've suggested a software upgrade.

Typical right as the Euro's were starting. Think there's a bit more behind this than a signal resend or a software upgrade. Time will tell.

They are lying. The timing is too much of a coincidence. Anyway it's just come back on.

Its back working! Thank the Gods above for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

are you guy's sick of the all the media coverage regarding racism? they're making too much out of this already..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I have my noetbook in hand to make notes, the BBC coverage is starting...

Excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i'm stuck with bbc until i get back to dublin on sunday. . .it just dawned on me. . .and it's already annoying me

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Looks like the RTE studio is set in the George. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

LOL @ Dunphy & Brady there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Dunphy & Brady fightin already "Game On Baby" :pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    Looks like the RTE studio is set in the George. :pac:

Does the George look like that?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Dempsey wrote: »
    LOL @ Dunphy & Brady there
    Game on baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Brady pawns Bill already classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

fcuk sake, they're talking of winning it on bbc, albeit more hopefully than expectantly. . .they should be more concerned about avoiding the wooden spoon in their group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

I think Lee Dixon is one of the few pundits that BBC have that possesses what appears to be a brain.

It can be a god awful occasion when they have Lineker, Shearer, Lawro and Hansen on at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

PURPLE/PINK - weird

I think Lee Dixon is one of the few pundits that BBC have that possesses what appears to be a brain.

It can be a god awful occasion when they have Lineker, Shearer, Lawro and Hansen on at the same time.

Just thank the stars above Merson isn't with the the BBC or ITV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

theteal wrote: »
    fcuk sake, they're talking of winning it on bbc, albeit more hopefully than expectantly. . .they should be more concerned about avoiding the wooden spoon in their group

RTE 2 for Bill & Co FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Really? I think he's sh!t tbh. He's so blinkered when it comes to England it's laughable.

Even Seedorf has given him a few strange looks already.

Dixon: " I hope England have a real go at France"

Hansen: " They won't though"

Dixon: " I know"

What in the name of baby Jesus is the point in saying it then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,356 ✭✭✭naughto

nice blonde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fookin hotties everywhere, great camera work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,356 ✭✭✭naughto

going for a 1 all draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

murpho999 wrote: »
    RTE 2 for Bill & Co FTW

Oh of course, the lads are the best. I just switched over to BBC on the break and I was met with the usual lark that is spouted out.
    Felexicon wrote: »
    Really? I think he's sh!t tbh. He's so blinkered when it comes to England it's laughable.

Even Seedorf has given him a few strange looks already.

Dixon: " I hope England have a real go at France"

Hansen: " They won't though"

Dixon: " I know"

What in the name of baby Jesus is the point in saying it then

I must have missed that:)

I retract my statement so.

We want Adebayor :cool:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

The ball doesn't bounce on much when it's played over the top, could ruin a few goalscoring chances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Greece looking good this half in fairness! Fair play to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

theteal wrote: »

Why can't we do both? England go into every tournament trying to win it. We're woefully unequipped to do it but the whole reason for going to is try to win the thing. What is the point otherwise?

Ireland should have the same attitude.

• Advertisement
Advertisement