Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning a carseat?

Options
  • 18-05-2012 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

So, the smallie went two whole weeks without being sick in the car, and I foolishly took the plastic sheeting off it thinking she had grown out of it.

Yesterday morning though she was sick after brekkie on the way to creche. Has anyone cleaned the group 1 seats out? I have the straps and the cover off and washed, they came out perfect.

Sorry for grossness.... It is just there is some stuff stuck in underneath the plastic part of the bottom of the carseat, in the frame of the seat itself... and i cannot get at it.

It is a britax.

I thought about putting the whole thing in the bath with water, but will this weaken the styrofoam and other foams in the seat?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

does the styrofpoam bits come out or are they glued to the seat? mine are just in little grooves and slot back in after cleaning. you could try hoovering it out, depends how wet it is, or try brushing out the bits with a make up brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

yep I think I'd go with wpd33's idea of letting it dry out then hoovering the styrofoam just in case wetting the base loosens the glue.

I've cleaned 2 seats recently (one's i had up in the attic from my daughter) and chucked all the straps/covers in the washing machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Thanks for the suggestions. I Let it sit by a heater for two days and tried the hoover. No joy. Nothing budging.

I took out the power hose and gave it a good blasting outside, and this seems to have cleared it... With foam remaining intact. But springs, screws and other metal bits got wet in the process. I gave it a good go with the hairdryer, and it is back by the rad. Hopefully i haven't doomed it to a rusty grave. It's only in use 7 weeks. Bleurg.

Advertisement