Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will you watch the Eurovision?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

jwilco wrote: »
    Nooooooooo plus if we win it will bankrupt us. Keep doing the Fr Ted and send over no hopers

Funny thing is "My Lovely Horse" is a better song than most of the tripe on Eurovision. And Fr.Dick Byrnes song of course was even better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Hell yeah. It's my guilty pleasure - I absolutely love it. It's so bad, it's hilarious. I actually think some of the quality of songs are improving big time - far more catchy songs.

Although it really makes my blood boil when countries go for the obvious and send over some dolled up, glamorous lady with a god awful song about love. Yuck.

Now this is what Eurovision is about - those dancers in the background :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

will i watch yet another tv show full of crap music? no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Wouldn't it be just hilarious if the jedwards don't make it through. Whelan will be stuck out there till Saturday to commentate on a final that nobody back home will give two fcuks about.

*Sigh* Eurovision fans would watch it even if we were'nt in it as happened in

the 1983 Contest in Munich and the 2002 Contest in Tallinn. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Why don't we just get Jedward to preform a lesbian kiss like Tatu did a few year ago. You need something special to win. It all started with yer man Dana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

I think you'd have to be a bit special upstairs if you actually like all that eurotrash unless you're in your early teens.

Why don't we just get Jedward to preform a lesbian kiss like Tatu did a few year ago. You need something special to win. It all started with yer man Dana.

You mean gay incest. Yeah, I think continental Europeans would love that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Yalu

TBH, the world can be divided into two types of people: those who admit they watch the Eurovision, and those who do not admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I couldn't care less about the Eurovision

• Advertisement

Yalu wrote: »
    TBH, the world can be divided into two types of people: those who admit they watch the Eurovision, and those who do not admit it.

When I told my counsellor that I watched the Eurovision last year, he told me that watching it was a form of self-harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Pedant wrote: »

You mean gay incest. Yeah, I think continental Europeans would love that.
    I they kissed and grabbed each others arse I bet they'd win. You need to do something new to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

No. I never watch the Eurovision, but it's fun to watch the voting afterwards. The contest itself has all the cultural content and richness of expanded polystyrene, but the voting is interesting in a way.:)

It will be interesting to see who votes for those two eejits Jedward. One turkey, Dustin, was at least mildly funny and somewhat original, but those two gobblers for the second time ...? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I prefered it before the preliminary rounds and the political /favoritism **** took over, when decent songs with melody were entered ( Un banc, un arbre, une rue by France ,"Nocturne" by Norway and Poupée de cire, poupée de son by Luxembourg spring to mind )

I'll be watching England V Norway but maybe I'll pop over inbetween to catch up .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

I am mildly amused by trying and usually succeeding in guessing for whom the various countries will vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Latchy wrote: »
    I'll be watching England V Norway but maybe I'll pop over inbetween to catch up .

England/Norway is on at the same time? That decides it for me then.

We don't have anyone playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Pherekydes wrote: »

That game is on saturday ( was thinking more of the eurovision finals ) .They also play Belgium on 2nd of june at Wembley .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    No. I never watch the Eurovision, but it's fun to watch the voting afterwards.

You say you do not watch the eurovision but then you say that you watch the voting afterwards... so unless I am missing something that means that you do watch the eurovision :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Latchy wrote: »
    Pherekydes wrote: »

They also play Belgium on 2nd of june at Wembley .

Thanks for the head's up. There must be some paint to watch dry somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Are Jedward just going to keep entering it until they win? Might not be able to leap around so much when they're 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

kingtut wrote: »
    You say you do not watch the eurovision but then you say that you watch the voting afterwards... so unless I am missing something that means that you do watch the eurovision :confused:

I never watch the songs being performed, only the voting that follows.:rolleyes::rolleyes: And no, you're not missing anything, but maybe your village is ....:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I havent watched it in years. I might have a look if I cant find something good on the internet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

FoxT wrote: »
    I havent watched it in years. I might have a look if I cant find something good on the internet...

G'wan foxy, there's some gooduns in it..... Keep an eye out for Russia's entry ;)

Looking forward to sitting down to watch it tonight! Hubby will have a fit, he hates it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    I never watch the songs being performed, only the voting that follows.:rolleyes::rolleyes: And no, you're not missing anything, but maybe your village is ....:D:D:D

So in actual fact you do watch the eurovision :rolleyes::D, just not all of it (I also only watch the voting section although this year I'll watch our act as they are last).

I think we will either win or come last lol :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I watch the voting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

No, I value my time more than that, so I'll probably find some website with cat memes/pictures and dish out abuse to whoever is making them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

only if they change the rules to "eliminate" the losers, and the winner.
    Battle Royale, the musical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I will :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

None of them really stood out tonight I thought as being a really good act.
    Pity Latvia didn't make it, fine looking ladies they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Placed my bets this afternoon.
    10e to win on Romania at 14:1
    10e to win on Iceland at 20:1
    10e to win on Cyprus at 40:1
    10e to win on Greece at 40:1
    5e each way on Ireland at 14:1
    5e each way on Germany at 25:1
    5e each way on Moldova at 175:1
    5e each way on Austria at 250:1.

More money than sense.
    Hopefully next week I will have even more money and slightly less sense.
    I'm not convinced that the "each way" bets make any sense at all, as it's only 1/4 and only the top 3 places... but meh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Not for me, very little music to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Romania and greece were by far the best!The rest were absolute crap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Montenegro FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Watch Eurovision every year. I love it! But can't watch this year because, unsurprisingly, it's not too popular in China. And any attempt at watching it online would probably fail, seeing as my Chinese internet connection is only slightly better than a piece of string tied to a telephone.
    LH Pathe wrote: »
    Montenegro FTW

Criminally underrated. :( I also liked Israel and Finalnd (and San Marino, just for the hell of it) and they all failed to qualify too. Stupid Europe.

Oh well, at least the Grannies made it through! And the Swedish entry (which is justifiably the favourite to win) in the second SF is really good. If either of them win I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I don't watch this but caught Greece's act last night - savage

Did she make it through?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

I don't watch this but caught Greece's act last night - savage

Did she make it through?

Yeah she did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Montenegro is crazy :pac:

Is this their version of My Lovely Horse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Watch Eurovision every year. I love it! But can't watch this year because, unsurprisingly, it's not too popular in China. And any attempt at watching it online would probably fail, seeing as my Chinese internet connection is only slightly better than a piece of string tied to a telephone.

Where are you that its that bad? Everyone say Gehua internet is terrible, but I still managed to watch the first semifinal without problems. Not live though. Not getting up at 3 in the morning for a semifinal.

APPARENTLY it has been broadcast live in the past (like come on, its 3 in the morning. It doesn't matter what they put on, it's not gonna popular either way). CCTV have a golf channel ffs. I think they could justify a 03:00 timeslot on SOME channel for the Eurovision.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement