Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Visa payment question

Options
  • 18-05-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi all,i have just got the request for the payment for the iec visa but i have a question,does the payment have to come from your own back account or can it be from a family members account?thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Hi all,i have just got the request for the payment for the iec visa but i have a question,does the payment have to come from your own back account or can it be from a family members account?thanks all

It could be from the holy popes account for all they care! Just make sure your WTN number appears on there account

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

exactly!

I paid for 2 visas out of my bank account without issue

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shirlzP

Hi there is paying the fee for the visa straight forward as went into the bank and seemed to awful confused as what i was telling them. they said they cant do bank cheque's/draft for anything under 500 euros how does everyone else pay it?? i suppose I'm just looking for some help form someone as how they do it??

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

shirlzP wrote: »
    Hi there is paying the fee for the visa straight forward as went into the bank and seemed to awful confused as what i was telling them. they said they cant do bank cheque's/draft for anything under 500 euros how does everyone else pay it?? i suppose I'm just looking for some help form someone as how they do it??

Why are you trying to set this up now?
    Why not wait until the program is open and they give instructions on how to pay.
    Last year you needed to wire the payment to them not cheque or draft.
    It might be different this year so no point hitting up the bank yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

From my experience I would still pay it from your own account if possible. I was abroad when applying for my visa last year so my Dad went into the bank and transferred the money from his account. So the money was sent through under my Dad's name but still had my WTN clearly attached.

However I got an e-mail a month after the payment was sent to say that they still never received it. Thankfully I had the receipt which I forwarded on straight away, but I was still very lucky to get the visa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 shirlzP

Im not going to get it yet but i just wanted to be ready and know a little more about how it works before the visa's were released so I wouldn't have any more delays. thank you for your advice apparently visa this year is on done online maybe they will accept visa/lazer cards then. so warning of advice keep all receipt's lol

Advertisement