Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken allergy??

• 18-05-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

This may sound weird but can someone be allergic to chickens living in the back garden?

My friend suddenly has swollen feet and ankles after helping me set-up my hens.

I thought a chicken allergy would affect the lungs, throat or skin, not the feet. Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

Allergies affect different people in different ways...some are serious, some are just annoying...

She should get it checked by a doctor, it may have nothing to do with the chickens...if after being checked the doctor agrees it could be the chickens, the only way to find out is to get better and go back to the chickens, if it happens again, then yes she is allergic to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Plymouth Rock

Thanks. We'll try that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Could it have been anything ye were working with either? Straw or cleaning chemicals maybe?

Advertisement