Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crazy booze powers

• 18-05-2012 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

The other night, a friend left me cos I was chatting up some girl who he described as having black hair and lipstick.

My crazy booze power manifested...

It knocked out the memory of the exchange but in the aftermath, I found the girl had been transformed (obviously by some mind power) into a kebab, which I had wrestled with all over my carpet.

Just wondering, has anyone else suffered from these great booze powers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I foolishly believe I can dance and/or be the life of the party....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Your asking has anyone else been pissed ? Ammm yeah once or twice :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

You mean have we ever got drunk and blacked out? Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm not drunk enough to make sense of the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Trash Ninja

chin_grin wrote: »
    I foolishly believe I can dance and/or be the life of the party....
    You can. Unless the evil arch nemesis of the guy with the camera intercedes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I must have the abilty to time travel, I frequently find myself walking into a pub and waking up the next day in my bed with little to no recollection as to how I got there.

Mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Riiight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I once complimented a lady on her arse, an complimented another on her legs. That's about the extent of it, but I did refuse to get into bed for fear of the spinnies. I was found the next morning in an empty bath by my girlfriend, snoring blithely.

I tend to wake up and find inexplicable cuts and bruises on myself.

I'm like the anti-wolverine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Buckfast + internet = a lot of idiotic posting on boards.

• Advertisement

Buckfast + internet = a lot of idiotic posting on boards.

Dad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

No I don't think so buddy. You're on your own :cool:

Jesus I'd love a kebab.

Why do people open windows on busses at night? It's fffffffffffreezing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I must have the abilty to time travel, I frequently find myself walking into a pub and waking up the next day in my bed with little to no recollection as to how I got there.

Mind boggles.
    You are a god amongst mere mortals my friend. Many of us dont want to know or be reminded what happened in between! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You fucked a kebab?

You fucked a kebab?

You haven't?

I think I already said I had a messy affair with a kebab that fateful evening.

Wasn't anywhere to be seen in the morning, only it's juices smeared into the carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Once my powers grew so great the gardai had to keep me in some kind of specially made containment cell until morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I once broke into Trinity to meet a girl. Hopped over the outer fence and then another smallish inner fence without breaking a sweat.

Looking at the thing the next morning I simply couldn't fathom how I made it without breaking my neck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

humbert wrote: »
    I once broke into Trinity to meet a girl. Hopped over the outer fence and then another smallish inner fence without breaking a sweat.

Looking at the thing the next morning I simply couldn't fathom how I made it without breaking my neck.

Pole Vault? :pac:

• Advertisement

I once had a conversation with my flatmate while very drunk, he wasn't replying but he was very down at the time and I was worrying.

In my defense I have exceptionally bad eyesight and I wasn't wearing my glasses. I told my flatmate to "hang on a minute", came back into the room with my glasses on, and realised I'd been trying to converse with a bundled up duvet.

Last Christmas I decided to walk from me ma's to my house during the wee hours, whilst being a wee bit tipsy.

I cut across a field. There was a fence. And another. I clambered over both. And the other 2 thereafter.

They were digging up the sewers inbetween.

Boy did I smell good coming home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

That I'm immune from A&E charges until i get a "reminder" in the post...its happened a couple of times...so to wingus and dingus in the back row with a frown and "yeah whatever"....stuff like this does happen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I was walking home after a night out when I started giving my friend awful abuse when I caught him shifting a rough one.

Next morning my father said that he found me on our lane just pointing at a random bush, shouting pure gibberish. In my drunken state I obviously thought it's outline looked like two people shifting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I was walking home after a night out when I started giving my friend awful abuse when I caught him shifting a rough one.

Next morning my father said that he found me on our lane just pointing at a random bush, shouting pure gibberish. In my drunken state I obviously thought it's outline looked like two people shifting!

:pac:

That reminds me of that stupid song "Can't fight the moonlight"

Terrible tune, but there is a truth there: I've spent many an evening on a street corner swiping at those moonbeams but I've yet to win the battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

myself and a couple of friends used to play shoegolf on the walk home from the pub, turning a 10 minute walk into a 2 hour ordeal looking for shoes in ditches and fields (countryside), lost many a sneaker to the game but we gave it up after we tried it in Cambridge one weekend and hit a copper, running away was not easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Most readily available memory is of dropping a pizza on the pavement. It pretty much landed facedown but i picked it up and continued to eat it. The friends i was with tried to reason with me.. I kept quoting the three second rule. The potential 'love partner' i was with disappeared because i had gotten tomato sauce all over my face and clothes and failed to realise this. In its defense, did not make me sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Shryke wrote: »
    Once my powers grew so great the gardai had to keep me in some kind of specially made containment cell until morning.

Had many of them nights. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

charlemont wrote: »
    Had many of them nights. ;)

Comforting.

I'm one to talk though, in fairness..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Comforting.

I'm one to talk though, in fairness..

Ha, Regretting them nowadays though..Hardly ever touch the booze now anyway..

I entertained plenty of cops with my drunken antics, Singing away in the cells and roaring stupid abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

I once had a conversation with my flatmate while very drunk, he wasn't replying but he was very down at the time and I was worrying.

In my defense I have exceptionally bad eyesight and I wasn't wearing my glasses. I told my flatmate to "hang on a minute", came back into the room with my glasses on, and realised I'd been trying to converse with a bundled up duvet.

That's just brilliant :pac: it's so like something I would do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Woke up one morning to find the lid of the toilet cistern placed on the middle of the bedroom floor. No idea how it got there.

I was in Galway a few weeks ago and was [allegedly] having a good aul chat with the person in the lift much to friend's amusement. The nice person was myself in the mirror :o

Advertisement