Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Gen Broadband Cork DSL connection errors

Options
  • 18-05-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

hey guys

Just a little thing, my DSL light blinks now and again a couple of times a day recently for the past 2 weeks and I was wondering if it could be eircom's side that could be causing it?

I'm connected to the Cork Central exchange and i reboot my modem once a week or so to give it a break.

Also if you could link me to the Zxytel modem firmware upgrade, i would really appreciate it

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

dragon5678 wrote: »
    hey guys

Just a little thing, my DSL light blinks now and again a couple of times a day recently for the past 2 weeks and I was wondering if it could be eircom's side that could be causing it?

I'm connected to the Cork Central exchange and i reboot my modem once a week or so to give it a break.

Also if you could link me to the Zxytel modem firmware upgrade, i would really appreciate it

Thanks

Hi dragon5678,

I'm looking into your recent broadband connection history and will advise you shortly after consulting with Technical Support.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

Hi dragon5678,

I'm looking into your recent broadband connection history and will advise you shortly after consulting with Technical Support.

Best wishes,
    Ant

hey ant

any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

dragon5678 wrote: »
    hey guys

Thanks

I appreciate you waiting on my reply. I have checked your broadband and see that your connection is showing up as intermittent (sync) across the eircom Auth(entication) servers. Your broadband is currently syncing at 8Mb on NGB with good broadband attainable rates.

Unfortuntately, I don't see any logged calls with our Technical Support Department. It would be advisable therefore that you try to test your broadband setup if possible, before you may need to call in to report this.

Intermittent sync is often caused by interference on the internal phone wiring system. The wireless modem or the local exchange may not be the source of this intermittent connection issue.

If possible try the following troubleshooting suggestions :

http://bit.ly/BBChecks

If possible, Disconnect everything from the phone line: phones, fax machine, Sky Digital TV, or any other equipment connected to the phone line which may interfere with the broadband connection. Remove the splitter and connect the modem directly to the main phone socket. Make sure you use on the leads that initially came with your modem and avoid using private phone or Adsl cables when testing your broadband setup.

If you are using wireless to connect to the internet, connect your computer to the modem with the yellow ethernet cable if possible. This would eliminate any wireless related problems which may affect your connection speed.

Once you have completed these checks and if you are still having any broadband connection issue, please call into Broadband Support directly :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Please retain your case id /reference, as this will help if you need to follow this up with Broadband Support.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement