Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert 2012, Higher maths

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Get her to do a whole paper 1 and to check the marking schemes for that paper. Get her to know her square routes, powers and income pay etc before she does a paper. After she has done the paper without any book, just log tables, she will have well prepared once she gets it right.

Practice makes perfect. Only do the yearly papers, stay away from the samples they are no good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Yah project maths is a pain, but you do get a tonne of attempt marks!!

you can practically get 60% just by writing out the question again! :D

oh and whoever was asking about surds, just do them on your calculator, but don't but the whole sum in at once. Break it up and multiply out each part with a calculator, piece of cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ButtonBox

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Yah project maths is a pain, but you do get a tonne of attempt marks!!

you can practically get 60% just by writing out the question again! :D

oh and whoever was asking about surds, just do them on your calculator, but don't but the whole sum in at once. Break it up and multiply out each part with a calculator, piece of cake!

Would marks not be docked for that? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

I am extremely confident for tomorrow! As long as the state is kind and makes q.6 basic enough UNLIKE LAST YEAR. We should all be ok :) Everyone take your time especially in questions one and two.. rushing is usually why people do so poorly not because they don't know how! ALWAYS CHECK OVER :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

God help me in the junior cert no seriously...
    FAILED maths for Xmas and summer exams both in 2nd year and 3rd year mocks and mid term.
    Got 37% in pre but without THEOROMS
    HATE THEOROMA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭OwlYouNeed

I've been looking over the exam papers and I can't figure out how to do 2010 Paper 1, Question 2 part c. The marking scheme is no help to me either. I managed to get as far as 20r(25/100) but can't get past that.

Could someone explain how to do this please? Much obliged. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

Help with this question please urgent

€2000 was invested at r% for 2 years compound interest
    A tax of 25% was deducted each year from the interest gained
    At the end of first year amount was €2030 after tax was deducted
    Calculate rate of interest r%
    Find amount of the investment at the end of 2 years after tax deducted
    Please explain

nickys wrote: »
    Help with this question please urgent

€2000 was invested at r% for 2 years compound interest
    A tax of 25% was deducted each year from the interest gained
    At the end of first year amount was €2030 after tax was deducted
    Calculate rate of interest r%
    Find amount of the investment at the end of 2 years after tax deducted
    Please explain

http://www.mathsireland.com/JCA_2010/Paper_1/Q2C_Ans_Paper1_JCA_2010.html

Tada. :D Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

I used to be so good at maths and I got really confused and lost my way, I scraped a 40% , just a pass in my mocks! I'm going to cry I'm so nervous! I think I'd feel I'd let everyone down..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Oh well, I'm going to try my best, attempt marks, attempt marks!

AulBiddy wrote: »
    I used to be so good at maths and I got really confused and lost my way, I scraped a 40% , just a pass in my mocks! I'm going to cry I'm so nervous! I think I'd feel I'd let everyone down..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Oh well, I'm going to try my best, attempt marks, attempt marks!

That's the spirit, haha!
    Nah, don't worry. We're all apparently (according to all teachers and examiners and stuff) going to do much better than we expect.
    Read the questions properly, manage your time, don't panic and you should be grand. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

ButtonBox wrote: »
    That's the spirit, haha!
    Nah, don't worry. We're all apparently (according to all teachers and examiners and stuff) going to do much better than we expect.
    Read the questions properly, manage your time, don't panic and you should be grand. :D

thank you, really need the encouragement. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

ButtonBox wrote: »
    Would marks not be docked for that? :O

Oh sorry just seen your message now,

Nope I asked my maths teacher, she said I'd still get full marks :D

Besides, it would be very hard for an examiner to tell if you used a calculator...as long as you break the sum up into separate parts, :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 93 ✭✭smurphy11

i went from 50% in mocks to an A in the real thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Evan2kii12

DominicKid wrote: »

Post here if your worried about it.
    Toughest topics in maths to be posted here for assistance.
    Help will be needed. :)
    Do you have any solutions for the HL paper 1 we did yesterday im quite worried i mightnt have passes

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭2creator

Evan2kii12 wrote: »
    DominicKid wrote: »
    [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]
    Post here if your worried about it.
    Toughest topics in maths to be posted here for assistance.
    Help will be needed. :)
    Do you have any solutions for the HL paper 1 we did yesterday im quite worried i mightnt have passes

Solutions are spread throughout the thread however not all of them are right. If you give me a specific question I could do a full solution for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jackoismydog

i sorta liked the paper, it was sorta tough, but the trig.. was real easy, so was statistics! (i can neva say that word!!!):)

Advertisement