Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heading to the marquee need some help

Options
  • 18-05-2012 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

heading down on the train along with a friend to go to the marquee in a fortnights time or so....roughly know its a 15 minute walk at least from the train station to the marquee on a good day....will need somewhere to stay thinking hostel or cheap hotel, its only for one night.....anything worthwhile doing during the day for two young lads as we'll have the best part of the day to kill aswell.....cheers in advance folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

For a hostel go for the Bru if you're a drinker, they have a bar that I think they keep open later than any other bar, treating it as a residents bar, and it's just down the road from the train station.

I dunno what ye're into so stuff to do can be hard to suggest, but maybe head to Blarney Castle, the grounds are huge and the place is pretty decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

If all you need is a place to put ur head down through the night, then the cheapest and still decent for students, youngsters or backpackers is Kinlay House Hostel. It is about 30 min walk from Marquee, but just 5 min walk from city centre.
    It is the cheapest there if u stay in dormitory-like rooms, sharing with strangers so.
    If however that is not anything you would want to do, i'd say go for Bru as the person who posted before said. Its definately more expensive, but more comfortable if thats what your after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

marquee is more than 15 mins walk from the train station., its a fairly long way down the marina, so allow time.

what are ye interested in? lots of stuff to do :

museums
    galleries
    beach/kayaking/surfing
    PUBS-LOTSA PUBS
    shopping
    wildlife park
    cork harbour for some views or walking

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

mawk wrote: »
    marquee is more than 15 mins walk from the train station., its a fairly long way down the marina, so allow time.

Ah it's not that far, around 3/4 of a mile along the center park road, certainly more than 15 mins from the train station, it's slightly under 2 miles from the train station but that's only 25 minutes walking at a slowish pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Tis only far if you are dragging a huge suitcase or something, since ye are men i take it ye wont be... The Kayaking that they do down by the Clarion is defo well worth it. I think if you are with O2 there might be a discount for this..Not sure cant check it now myself as the computer is being retarded

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Just go into booking.com, select Cork and your dates, then sort by price/.
    You get some sweet deals, I got a room for the night in a Dublin 2 star hotel a couple of months back for 25 euro. It served.

Advertisement