Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom Internet Problem

Options
  • 19-05-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    I have Smart Telecom Broadband and am situate in Dublin City Centre. I have it almost 5 months now and since day 1 I am having problems with it. I mainly use it for onlin gaming on the xbox360 and in EVERY game I play it lags and on some occasions just cuts out and loses connection to all servers and Xbox live. Smart Telecom have checked all the lines and connections and they sent out a techician and he checked the line etc and all appears perfect but he never checked the issue I was having, just the readings on the line. If it is all perfect why is my internet not working ok? It took over 5 hours to download a movie on apple TV the other night where normally I can watch it while it downloads.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

go here,http://www.speedtest.net/
    do test,
    i get 9.59meg speed mps,
    upload speed 0.46mps

go to smarttelecom website
    http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/
    maybe post your problem there.
    i presume you are using ethernet cable ,to connect 360 to router,
    ie wifi is not good for online gaming ,
    i prefer ethernet to use my 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

Try checking the router manafacturer for a FW update for the modem, sometimes certain electrical devices close to the modem can cause some interferance as well. If you can try an relocate the modem away from your TV. I had this issue and had to do both of these to resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 danielpfdunne

Thanks for the replies. I have tried everything possible. Through wifi. Through Ethernet cable. I always use speedtest. And this shows drops in speed. For example. On the 15th may at 9.01pm it was at 1.93 Mbps and at 9.45pm it was at 8.65 Mbps and at 10.17pm it was at 5.62Mbps. These drops and increases are a regular occurrence but all Smart Telecom say is "all looks good on our end".

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Moved from comp / tech...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

but all Smart Telecom say is "all looks good on our end".

yeah im sure it is, as they are taking your cash.

Are you still within a contract, you should ring and threaten to move to one of there competitors. It sounds like congestion on there uncongested network.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What are your line stats? That should always be your first step when you have problems on a dsl line.

What speed are you supposed to be on?

Is there anything else connected to the line?

Have you checked filters etc.?

Advertisement