Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i change settings on Eircom modem to use with Smart Telecom

Options
  • 19-05-2012 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    Is it possible to change the firmware on an Eircom Zyxel Modem so that I can use the modem with Smart Broadband?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ThePandaboy

Yes you can but it is very complex and you could easily brick the modem. I recommend that you do not do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

There's no need to change the firmware, all you need to do is modify the PPPoE settings.
    PPPoE username and password need to be changed, that is all. All the other settings are standard in Ireland such as VPI & VCI.
    Smart Telecom will provide your PPPoE username and password if you cannot remember them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

SickBoy is correct, these are the settings you need

DSL Modem

Connection Protocol: PPPOE

Modulation Type: G.DMT(G992.1/3/5)

Multiplexing: LLC

VPI: 8

VCI: 35

Security Protocol: PAP

Username: Detailed from your provider

Password: Detailed from your provider

Wan IP: Automatically Assigned

Default Gateway: Automatically Assigned

DNS:

DNS Server 1: 84.203.254.34

DNS Server 2
    : 84.203.255.34

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement