Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog found in Ballybrit

Options
  • 19-05-2012 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hey all,found a dog in Ballybrit earlier near Dunnes, not an expert on dogs but I'd say hes a 2/3 years old golden - short haired cross-breed, maybe labradour or retriever.
    very quiet and friendly so I doubt he's a stray even tho he has no collar.

PM if you know anyone who's missing a dog round that side of town or if you have any ideas on how to track down the owner,I'm gonna ring the local PP and get them to announce it after mass on Sat/Sunday mass .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

If you have a facebook account, post the info up on the G.S.P.C.A page and also MADRA. Any chance of putting up a photo of the little fella :)

https://www.facebook.com/GalwaySPCA

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MADRA-Mutts-Anonymous-Dog-Rescue-and-Adoption/182232323121

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

thanks will try and post a pic tomorow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

You need to notify the nearest Garda station & it's a good idea to also notify the dog warden but please don't hand the dog in to the Pound. You also need to take the dog to a Vet so that they can check for a microchip.
    Don't assume that it hasn't been dumped. When I found my guy I was convinced that he must have a local owner but he didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

thanks, I managed to get home for him, i think Discodog may have been right about him being dumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

One wonders on how people FIND these dogs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

There are plenty of strays around Galway. I found one of mine dumped on a beach & the other was wandering injured in the town centre.

OP if a rescue has taken it then you don't need to do any more but if a friend or family member has taken him in then they need to notify the Guards just to cover themselves - he would then become their property after a year & a day.

Well done for not taking him to the Pound as over 200 Strays were killed there last year.

Advertisement