Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

minor dumpable offenses

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

not allowed to interfere when your partner stands naked in the kitchen for 15 minutes to wash and peel a cucumber
    Kinky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Had to break up with someone suffering from some serious OCD. When you are told to just hang around in bed whilst your partner showers for 40 minutes (with breaks, to run around to let the pinned back hair dry) and your attempt to go for a pee is already stretching their patience, it gets difficult. When you are also not allowed to interfere when your partner stands naked in the kitchen for 15 minutes to wash and peel a cucumber ("There is poison on the cucumber, I have to wash it off before I peel it or else it will be on my hands") or scrapes the butter out of a carton all evenly so that the butter is taken off all evenly it gets a bit annoying eventually.
    Not to mention that we were constantly late for everything, because everything took a damn 20 million hours to be completed.
    I know that sounds shallow, but eventually I just couldn't cope with this any more.

What ? Hold on ? Why have to be naked to wash the cucumber?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

naked to wash the cucumber = german

That's not to say she was disgruntled, but, it was obvious she was very far from being gruntled.

Yeah, the thread was in jest really, I wasn't annoyed so much as 1) really surprised, first time he's ever done something like this; 2) amused because of 1, and he was being so unrepentant it gave me a laugh, and 3) it's just one of those things you will read in women's forums and magazines... "He doesn't respect me, wah wah!"

I said I was raging, I wasn't really, I was laughing a lot, but I still was a bit peeved that there wasn't anything sweet to eat in the house!

Old Tom wrote: »
    You should have posted this in one of the "First world problems" threads.

Old joke is getting very old.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭globalwarrior

Somebody called Fizzlesticks called me a mad brah ...

Should I be insulted?

No idea what it mean :)))))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

Looks like he quite literally ' saved your ass ' on this one .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Referring to Baba O'Riley as 'Teenage Wasteland'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

I once dumped a guy for having freakishly small hands and feet.

Freakishly small hands and feet eh? Did it take you a few dates to get a good look at his small hands and feet? You can't blame the size of the sausage roll if it's O'Connell St. that you're trying to lob it down up and down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

yore wrote: »
    You can't blame the size of the sausage roll if it's O'Connell St. that you're trying to lob it down up and down.

And who was it said romance was dead and gone? :(

• Advertisement

alphabeat wrote: »
    Looks like he quite literally ' saved your ass ' on this one .

For the last time... I'm the skinny one, he's the fatty!

Maybe I'm only the skinny one cause fatty ate my icecream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Thought this thread was about, how dropping a cigarette end is viewed as similar to dumping one of them black bags of mysterious but defo toxic waste. with a view to charging the similar fine

"a person who drops one of these would likely do this, too"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,550 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Walking across a floor I have just washed & polished with mucky boots.
    I got dumped once for washing and polishing the floor with mucky boots.....

Not your ornery onager

I think this thread, as a humourous "My fella did something most women would throw a fit over" ended up dragging out women who you seriously don't wanna date. Cushions, what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

The Bobbitts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Unless he's a complete berk, he probably knows that poisonous "i'm fine" means you are very far from fine.

More of my faves to use on occasion would be, "Don't worry. It doesn't matter" (It really, reeeeally does) and also one word answers such as, "Ok" (when it's not okay), "Fine"(never use that word unless I'm angry) or "Right.." through clenched teeth (when I mean "I can't believe you're telling me this but I'm biting my tongue big style here) while I'm fuming inside. In fairness to me, doesn't take me long to explode so sulking rarely follows.

Dumped an ex who believed fried chicken and chips was healthy because you craved it and apparently you only crave things your body needs:confused: He wasn't fat but he ate that almost everyday and the expression "You are what you eat" sprang to mind and I imagined myself riding a big, greasy fried chicken and eventually the idea turned my stomach and he had to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

The Bobbitts?
    That's below the belt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Just went to the freezer and found my boyfriend has eaten my entire, unopened tub of Ben & Jerry's. I wouldn't care, cept it's 3am and I want icecream now and there isn't any. I didn't show him that I'm angry, I said it's ok, but I am RAGING.

What are those minor, meaningless offenses that make you want to kill/dump your OH?

*awaits "toilet seat" whinging. It's a toilet seat. Put it down yourself. He stole my icecream. Unbelievably worse.

constantly saying it's ok when its clearly not is a good reason to dump/kill your oh

also eating icecream at 3am in to morning? you gonna be a fatty if you keep that up ... your bf did you a favour imo

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Fecking nipping me, I've had a few gf's who do this and seem to think its funny. It makes me want to punch them in the face -.-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I dumped a guy because he drank milk with meals and referred to 'The Mammy'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

lazygal wrote: »

Ever had milk with your dinner? :confused: If you haven't then you've not lived :D

did he want Bitty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'd drink milk with my dinner occasionally, whats wrong with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

The Mammy thing is irritating and off putting...but milk with dinner? That's the only thing I ever drink with my dinner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Wtf? What's wrong with drinking milk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I've dumped two guys because of their jackets, one said "its warm & that's the main thing". Another guy talked through Alien claiming it was boring and similar to Species. Another guy was eating an egg when I called over to his house with a really bad hangover. Yet another used to sign off his texts with the word (not an 'X') 'Kiss'.

Its so weird i'm single.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

danslevent wrote: »
    The Mammy thing is irritating and off putting...but milk with dinner? That's the only thing I ever drink with my dinner!

I know a 30 year old woman that still refers to her parents as "mammy" and "daddy". Its a far from endearing quality. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Ha my boyfriends away and I've chocolate wrappers all over the bed and I've spilled an ash tray to.

All will be cleaned by the time he comes home though and I'll behave like I haven't eaten since dinner/had one smoke sitting at the window!!

He shall never know of my inner glutton/slob!!!
    Oh yes he will, it'll be written right across the stretch in the arse of your jeans ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Littering. Not just for what it is, but for what it says about her and her attitude towards other people. If you litter, someone else has to pick it up, and it shows a callous disregard for those people. If you think you're "better" than them, you're not.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

My girlfriend took food off my plate once while I was eating.

She's lucky I didnt take her ****ing fingers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

KTRIC wrote: »
    I know a 30 year old woman that still refers to her parents as "mammy" and "daddy". Its a far from endearing quality. :rolleyes:

"Ma" and "Da" is just as bad !

kingtut wrote: »

What are you supposed to call them? :confused:

"Oh female parent, circa what time this evening shall my male parent arrive home from his place of employment and will we be dining on a beautifully prepared feast soon after?"

i.e.

"Ma, what time will Da be home at so I know when dinner will be ready?"

kfallon wrote: »
    What are you supposed to call them? :confused:

Mum and Dad,

"Ma" and "Da" just sounds dis-respectful to me.

Mum and Dad,

"Ma" and "Da" just sounds dis-respectful to me.

Mum sounds posh to me, just one notch down from 'Mom'!

And posh we are not! :p

kfallon wrote: »
    Mum sounds posh to me, just one notch down from 'Mom'!

And posh we are not! :p

I'd consider Mother and Father to be posh, Mum and Dad to be normal and Ma (or Mom) and Da to be kinda knackerish lol

but how about "the oul ones" ? Must try that next time I see them lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

KTRIC wrote: »

I'm 27, and that's what I call my parents. :o

And that's what my boyfriend calls his!

Nothing wrong with either, in my opinion.

Nothing wrong with either, in my opinion.

Agreed, nothing wrong with them I just don't see myself ever using anything other than Mum and Dad without cringing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I refer to my mother as The Mammy. It underlines her status as absolute matriarch.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Mam and Dad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

John and Derek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I drank loads of milk and call me Ma, Ma and me Da, Da.

Who wants a date? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Really though, unless you talk about your 'ma' and 'da' a good bit, then it's hardly going to be an issue. and if you do, you probably have a bigger issue than what they're referred to as.

Op buy ten cartons of ice cream and make him eat them all in one sitting that teach him

I drank loads of milk and call me Ma, Ma and me Da, Da.

Who wants a date? :p

i know where there is a field full of sheep you can date.... just start practicing to say "ba ba ba" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

i know where there is a field full of sheep you can date.... just start practicing to say "ba ba ba" ;)

Go on, I'm listening. :p

Go on, I'm listening. :p

pm sent .... now remember to close the gate after your done :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Crash Override

Just went to the freezer and found my boyfriend has eaten my entire, unopened tub of Ben & Jerry's.

Is he suicidal?

One does not simply eat a woman's Ice-Cream!

(And expect to live afterwards :D).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Unflushed turd requiring toilet brush assistance.
    ah that's nothing, wait till it's one you have to break up with a coat hanger, then you'll know what it's all about! :pac:

vibe666 wrote: »
    ah that's nothing, wait till it's one you have to break up with a coat hanger, then you'll know what it's all about! :pac:

what on earth do you be eating that requires a wire hanger to flush the toilet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

what on earth do you be eating that requires a wire hanger to flush the toilet?
    who said anything about it being me? :pac:

Advertisement