Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

minor dumpable offenses

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

lazygal wrote: »
    I dumped a guy because he drank milk with meals and referred to 'The Mammy'.

It's milk, not breast milk. What on earth could be your problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

link_2007 wrote: »
    My girlfriend took food off my plate once while I was eating.

She's lucky I didnt take her ****ing fingers

JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Just went to the freezer and found my boyfriend has eaten my entire, unopened tub of Ben & Jerry's. I wouldn't care, cept it's 3am and I want icecream now and there isn't any. I didn't show him that I'm angry, I said it's ok, but I am RAGING.

What are those minor, meaningless offenses that make you want to kill/dump your OH?

*awaits "toilet seat" whinging. It's a toilet seat. Put it down yourself. He stole my icecream. Unbelievably worse.

I think you need this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

yore wrote: »
    Freakishly small hands and feet eh? Did it take you a few dates to get a good look at his small hands and feet? You can't blame the size of the sausage roll if it's O'Connell St. that you're trying to lob it down up and down.

I said hands and feet. Not penis. I was 14 for Christs sake. We only met up a couple times in that space of time.

When you assume you make a tit of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

vibe666 wrote: »
    who said anything about it being me? :pac:

you sounded like you were speaking from experience ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Yeah, the thread was in jest really, I wasn't annoyed so much as 1) really surprised, first time he's ever done something like this; 2) amused because of 1, and he was being so unrepentant it gave me a laugh, and 3) it's just one of those things you will read in women's forums and magazines... "He doesn't respect me, wah wah!"

I said I was raging, I wasn't really, I was laughing a lot, but I still was a bit peeved that there wasn't anything sweet to eat in the house![/QUOTE]

Not having a jar of raspberry jam in the house, to deal with just this sort of unforeseen emergency, is, quite frankly a schoolboy error...

.... and IMHO a dumpable offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you sounded like you were speaking from experience ;)
    and who said I wasn't? :pac:

i just said it wasn't me. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, a leftover bog-blocker that requires the use of a coathanger is the very definition of a dumpable offence, if you ask me. :o

Another thing that annoys me is the assumption. I've known people who assume that their way of doing things is the only way, and if you do something differently, you're just wrong. One girlfriend-that-wasn't would just stop and look at me if I said or did something that wasn't immediately obvious to her. As if I was supposed to know exactly what she would do, without being told, and do things her way just because, well, it was her way, and she was always right. She had no instinct for learning from others, so she expected everyone else to be just like her. Too much hard work. :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

This thread is great craic altogether. I briefly dated a man who loved his dog so much he slept with him. Ick. Back to the the mammy and daddy thing. I notice if I'm referring to my parents to someone I don't know, or Mam's doctor for example I say mam and dad. But when talking to friends and family I refer to them as mammy and daddy. Also too them. Ah I'm their only one and I'm lucky to have them. (slightly off topic there).

Advertisement