Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow run 2 is going to happen

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

As Phillip J. Fry would say..."SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

If your old enough to remember the RPG/Console version you're excited

If your only memories are of the most recent FPS Multiplayer release then you're going to avoid this like the plauge.

Now lets see if someone reboots Twilight 2000 or Dark Conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Goal: $400k
    Funding: $1.8 million

I'm still astounded at how well Kickstarter is working for these projects :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Goal: $400k
    Funding: $1.8 million

I'm still astounded at how well Kickstarter is working for these projects :)

I think it shows how sick pc gamers are of COD clones and ****ty console ports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

If your old enough to remember the RPG/Console version you're excited
    Now lets see if someone reboots Twilight 2000 or Dark Conspiracy
    ah I feel old:D

Was only looking through the twilight 2000 rule book recently which my mother had unearthed the otherday along with the warhammer rpg book and also one of my favourite rpgs of the time, cyberpunk 2020.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

Also I think the kickstarter method of getting money for development is a great idea as it gives small developers a chance to show case there unique games with out having to sell there souls to EA/Activison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm a massive fan of the SNES title back in the 90s. I hope they do a good job with this one. Since it'll be IOS and PC I wonder how deep it's gonna be, or what the art style will be like :)

I think it might be the time to take the plunge onto the Megadrive version, now that the SNES vs MegaDrive war has settled down :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think it shows how sick pc gamers are of COD clones and ****ty console ports.

Also shows their continued lack of support for truly new ideas and a more pronounced reversion to nostalgia and old ideas :)

Not that there's anything wrong with these titles earning support and attention. It is nice to see spiritual successors made independently and funded by fans. But Kickstarter's remit is startingly limited: funding only the same old well established names and brands. Niche titles or - heaven forbid - genuinely innovative and fresh ideas are by Kickstarter's very nature doomed to obscurity.

So yes: in resurrecting old cult genres Kickstarter is welcome. But we can't pretend for a second that its scope is anything other than limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I remember standing behind a guy in gamestation in liverpool once, and he was trading shadow run in, and they told him it was worth nothing :D

Advertisement