Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brakes dragging on JD

• 19-05-2012 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭

Had no luck with this post over on Tractors and4X4s so I'll try here.
    I've noticed over the last few days my JD 6310 not running very free. Would have to be on a fair incline before it would roll. Anyway I jacked her up this evening and found that I couldn't budge the right rear wheel by hand. Wondering is there any way of slackening the brake or do I need new discs. Brakes were working fine before this. It's an '02 with just under 5000 hrs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Manoffeeling

Don't drive it. You can completely wreck the back end of a Deere with brake trouble. They are not like Fords or MF which can take a bit of abuse. It is a fault with JD but not a major 1 if corrected. Park her up and make a call.

Enjoy the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭goondakid

Do not drive the tractor u wil make s*** of it!! The disks break up lik a jigsaw causing in to lock up! this jigsaw can break up campletly and make bites if ur backend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

agree with above dont drive it. a friend had that happen on a 6920s but it made sh of the back end iron fillings every where

Advertisement