Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Adapter

Options
  • 19-05-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys just wondering do any of you know what is the best wireless adapter on the market? (for the best price of course)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I presume that you are intending to buy one as distinct from just knowing the "best" one?

I am not being smart assish here just want to point out that if you want good advice then you need to give people information as to how exactly your adapter will be used.

Is it for a laptop, pc? Will you be using it with a "n" capable router etc etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Simply put, I need a wireless adapter for my PC because a wired connection is too awkward. I want to be able to receive and download data at a fast speed (basically gaming) from my wireless router.

'N' capable router?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

The general consensus seems to be that quality gaming and wireless are mutually exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Gaming doesn't need speed, it needs low latency. Wireless adds latency, run a cable

Advertisement