Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hens in Waterford Co??

Options
  • 19-05-2012 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

People,
    As it says, where can one get Hens in the county?
    Have the coup and run made, fine one at that, and just need the layers to fill it now.
    Looking for 4 layers.
    Heard someone sells at Dungarvan Mart on Mondays but not able to get in a specific times.
    How much should you pay per hen?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I believe there is someone in the mart alright.

There's also a guy in Tallow who sells them once a month, but I'm sure if you got his name he might sort you out.
    I got some up by Clogheen a few years ago - there was an ad in the Buy and Sell. I think I paid €10 each for point of lay pullets

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lemon_Drop

Hi Krispie,
    I remember seeing that guy at the mart years ago. I don't really know if he still goes there.
    You will get guide prices on DoneDeal, if that helps.

Also found this site, some Co.Waterford contacts on in, It might be of some use.

http://www.irishfowl.com/irish-poultry-breeders.php?county=Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Depending on what part of the county you're in maybe Carrick or New Ross may not be too far. I got my hens from Keogh Poultry in New Ross. I've read about someone selling them in Carrick on Fridays, think it could be at the Farmer's Market. I got Rhode Island Red/Light Sussex cross and they've been prolific layers.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

yeah guy at dungarvan mart every second monday he is there around 12 and dosn't stay to long. check the leader or the observer he advertises there when he is going to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

There's a poultry market in Wexford every month, every breed and description of feathered thing you could imagine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement