Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dont like Credit Control.What can i do now?

Options
  • 19-05-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

I am currently working in Credit Control.I dont ant to stay at this for much longer.I am interested in working in Finance.What area would you advise to get into.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Speak to the managers of the various other sections within your finance department, who could give you a brief overview of the work involved in their area. If there is any one area in particular that you feel you would like, ask about the possibility of gaining some experience in that section - even if it's on your own time. You'd never know, if you show a bit of interest to someone who matters, they may be able to help you obtain a transfer, & advise you on what further studies you could look at in order to advance your career.

Bear in mind that not all aspects of Accounts Receiveable is directly involved with credit control. You could get invoved with bank reconciliation or billing for instance.

I suppose if you don't like working in the area of people owing you money then maybe you could look at owing it to them instead, so Accounts Payable, Payroll or go into the management accounting area dealing with costing/budgets & the like.

Advertisement