Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heathrow query

Options
  • 19-05-2012 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi, I'm looking at flying through Heathrow and the stopover is 1hr 50m.
    I would have to get from term 1 to term 4 for a connecting flight to KL.

Is this plenty of time - I know it's a huge airport and people have often been rushing around. I presume I wouldn't need to collect my bags on top of that?
    :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It's a big enough airport, alright.

I went Dublin - LHR - Chicago last summer and this involved changing terminals. It may take a wee while, but I'm afraid I can't really remember how long it took me. I think the longest part was getting back into the terminal from the plane (or maybe waiting on a train), if it's parked out a bit and you're waiting on a bus to ferry you into the terminal. There are lifts in the terminals and rail links as well, but you'll still have to use a bit of shoe leather, too. People rushing around didn't really bother me, just watch out for signs/directions that are relevant to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

T1 to T4 is a trek. If the booking is all one booking, your bags will be checked through, and you can use the connecting flights service which does make it less of a chore. If you are booking two seperate flights you would have to pick your bags up, re-check etc which will mean that 1h 50 is not enough.

Advertisement