Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secondary schools-interviews?

• 19-05-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Does anyone know when usually secondary schools call in for interviews? I think they start first with redeployment which will take part during the first week of July, i think! After this schools usually take few weeks off for summer holidays and start back around the second week in August , am I right?
    Im trying to figure this out as I would love to go away for a few weeks in the summer but im affraid to book just in case.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Redeployment should be all sorted by June I should think. I have only ever interviewed for jobs in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭spring21

really, i was never interviewed in June :mad: , the earliest one i got was at the end of Aug. I wonder will schools be open last two weeks in Jul?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Schools can interview at any stage of the year.
    I have done interviews in May, June, July, August and September.

Hopefully this redeployment panel will be sorted by June and then It'd be my wish that it gos away for good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Usually mid July to mid August (LC results) school staff are thin on the ground.
    They will certainly be open with a lot of staff in during June and the two weeks following the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

spring21 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when usually secondary schools call in for interviews? I think they start first with redeployment which will take part during the first week of July, i think! After this schools usually take few weeks off for summer holidays and start back around the second week in August , am I right?
    Im trying to figure this out as I would love to go away for a few weeks in the summer but im affraid to book just in case.

Many thanks!

they interview when they feel like it. if you want to go away July is a good month but even then I was called for interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Redeployment has been a game changer. If you look at the current ads, they stipulate that the jobs are subject to sanction from the Director of Redeployment.

I would not hesitate to contact schools regarding proposed interview dates if you have plans although they probably won't know yet.

As others have said, interviews for the jobs advertised from late-July onwards tend to take place after the LC results. July is usually safe for a holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

If you're in secondary, it's usually August to coincide with exam results. Sometimes the hours haven't been finalised with the DOE until then. June will also have interviews and often for posts with more of a chance of becoming long-term (retiring teachers). July is your best bet for booking a holiday. I've missed out before for being away in June.

Advertisement