Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New filter?

Options
  • 19-05-2012 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I got my first tank about two months ago. Got the freshwater starter pack from Seahorse Aquariums. 54litre tank and heater, filter, gravel, etc. Just wondering if it would be a good idea to upgrade the filter as it appears to be just a simple and cheap one. It's an AquaEL Fan-1 Filter I think, and just wondering should I upgrade and what are good ones tog et if I do upgrade. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BugmansB33r

I'm also thinking of switching from gravel to sand, if that makes any difference

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Depends what stock you have in the tank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BugmansB33r

I have 5 zebra danios, 5 neon tetra, 3 guppies and a brittlenose pleco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I have a jbl 900 on adverts

google it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I got my first tank about two months ago. Got the freshwater starter pack from Seahorse Aquariums. 54litre tank and heater, filter, gravel, etc. Just wondering if it would be a good idea to upgrade the filter as it appears to be just a simple and cheap one. It's an AquaEL Fan-1 Filter I think, and just wondering should I upgrade and what are good ones tog et if I do upgrade. Cheers

An Eheim 2008 internal filter will do the job perfectly,for your size of tank.

25 euro new in most pet stores. (Seahorse,Petstop,Maxi-Zoo etc).

http://www.petworld.ie/eheim-2008-pick-up-filter.html

The next size Eheim up from the 2008,would be 32 euro new.

Regards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Why do you think you need an upgrade? Are your test results indicating that there's a high amount of ammonia or something?

Advertisement