Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazil

Options
  • 19-05-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭

I'm moving there in six weeks.

I have some good friends over there who are locals so stuff like accomodation, etc. aren't a worry.

However, I'm not sure about the visa situation for me. I know I can get a tourist visa for 90 days and possibly get it renewed for a further 90 days but after that, I don't know.

I'm going to work as an English teacher. I already have one job lined up but it's with a small company so getting a sponsored visa isn't a possibility. Once I get there, I'm going to find a few other schools to work for. However, my understanding is that a lot of companies aren't willing to sponsor visas as it's expensive and a long bureaucratic process.

Does anyone have any further information on this? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Price of Turnips

hi jack, i am teaching in Brazil at the minute, used my 90days and am currently appling for my work visa (maximum 2 years). What you said about the visa is correct it is a mission to file the document so i would really advise having a local help you, as for the expensive part i havent have to pay anything crazy, just general visa fees

Advertisement