Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job in Pizzahut

Options
  • 19-05-2012 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭

Anyone here applie for that job in Pizzahut in sligo? Ive applied but got no word back yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Anyone here applie for that job in Pizzahut in sligo? Ive applied but got no word back yet.

When did you apply, when was the closing date, have you contacted them to check on your application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

The job was put up on fas.ie on 2/5/12
    I applied on the 9/5/12.

The job ad is still on FAS.ie, Perhaps when they thake down the job ad I might here something?

Still heared nothing :confused: , Anyone else apply for this psition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I don't know how Pizza Hut is for this but its not uncommon for many places not to bother contacting unsuccessful applicants.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Allot of places get so many applicants OP that some don't even bother replying.

I applied for about 50-60 jobs in the first 6 months of last year. Had about 10 or 12 responses total.

Is there a contact number? If so ring them to inquire on how the applications are progressing.

• Advertisement

Thanks for them replys, Il do that tomorrow I.S. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Hi OP,

Any word when you rang them.

dingding wrote: »
    Hi OP,

Any word when you rang them.

Honestly? I totaly forgot as I was working on my dads farm today. Il write it on my hand tonight to remind myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭JyesusChrist

I applied a while ago and also got no word back. I am not hopeful anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

i know two people who worked there who were both really nice people and i worked with one before in another place, she was a very good worker, but at pizza hut they both had a very hard time from the management, and it ended up being a nightmare for them.i know, you wouldn't think a pizza place could be that bad, but... don't be too bummed out if you didn't get it. in fact, one of my friends was a relative to another employee in the restaurant and a few weeks after starting work, they got an email from the corporate office saying pizza hut has a policy against relatives working together in the same restaurant and she was unceremoniously fired, then she had loads of hassle getting her P45... when they finally gave it to her, it was the P45 for the relative and not hers! maybe it's better now but i would avoid. i used to eat there the odd time i love the pizza but they changed the meal deals and the menu is not as good anymore. a lot of these corporate chain restaurants are not run with common sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

You are talking about J...a's sister? Long store.... for me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

sligoface wrote: »
    in fact, one of my friends was a relative to another employee in the restaurant and a few weeks after starting work, they got an email from the corporate office saying pizza hut has a policy against relatives working together in the same restaurant and she was unceremoniously fired
    That's shocking!! It sounds like an unfair dismissal to me. Being related to someone else who works in the restaurant is not a legitimate reason to fire someone. I hope s/he kept the email. I'd follow up on that with the Citizens Information Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

She didn't get email from headoffice it was told to her.

Advertisement