Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite childhood memories

• 19-05-2012 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭

Share the good times!

-Getting the glow in the dark starry Barbie from Santa after wishing for it for months-Thanks Santa!
    -My mum getting a magician to entertain me and my friends at my ninth birthday party-I was the envy of my class for weeks.
    -Dad getting a tax rebate (in the late 80s when money was beyond tight) and bringing us all into town for a shopping splurge, new schoolbags, clothes, bought us some treats, lunch in McDonalds, just remember my parents being so happy around that time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

When my local priest called around for pray time. He'd always bring sweets and we'd play games after. Good innocent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Not a favourite memory...but a memory nonetheless..

When you were sick in bed...and you could hear everything happening downstairs... People coming and going...making dinner...and then the sound of your mammy coming up the stairs with some toast...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament ... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon ... luge lessons ... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets ... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Vilmer ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's breathtaking ... I suggest you try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

My Atari 2600.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Sunny afternoons drinking T.K in Raheny with my Grandad. It's the simple things.

Or going to Clara Lara with cousins, getting the boat out in that massive lake, and stopping off at land in the middle of it. Then proceeding to run back towards the boat and rowing off, leaving them stuck there, as I laughed manically.

Going towards Dalkey Island with another lad while sailing, with the rest of the group miles behind us going back to shore, and going for it anyway, in all our naivety for that freedom of doing something completely crazy and without thought... only to be confronted by the instructor who finally noticed us miles in front on our own, and sped back towards us, and told us how we were in big **** and wait till our teacher found out. But he never told them, so it was worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I still remember the first time I got hold of a 'dirty mag' back when I was about eleven.

The sight of a pair of boobs and a hairy fanny for the first time was mad, I remember thinking how my mickey was sure to drop right off it went so hard!

Its been all down hill since!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Super Nintendo and playing with my toy soldiers. Ah the hollywood style fights that would take place, where everyone lost their guns and had to resort to Martial Arts. HIYAAAA!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I went to Disneyland in Florida when I was 6 which I think was the highlight of my childhood. It was just when Toy Story had come out so the music was on constantly and the characters were walking around everywhere. I went for two weeks and loved every single minute of it. Epcot, the rides, meeting Mickey Mouse. I cried my eyes out when we had to go. I maintain that Disneyworld is the Mecca for children. It's the promised land when you're a child and I'll make sure when I have kids I'll take them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

The morning I was conceived. Well done Mom and Dad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament ... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon ... luge lessons ... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets ... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Vilmer ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's breathtaking ... I suggest you try it.

It was somewhat funny in the film, it hasn't been funny since....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

boiled sweets getting stuck to your teeth and trying to scrape them off or sticky toffees :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Hmm, well my favourite childhood mammeries are Samanta Fox's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

As good as the Glacier Mints?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

GAAman wrote: »
    It was somewhat funny in the film, it hasn't been funny since....

Advertisement