Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning JAVA and executing it

Options
  • 19-05-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭

I have decided to try and pass a bit of time and learn a computer language. I have decided on Java and a bit of VBA for excel.

I found a site for java http://www.thanassis.com/java/java%20training%20course/introduction%20to%20java.html

but... I want to try the lessons out and figure it out myself. I downloaded the java 2 JRE from oracle but that just seems to be the usual java update. I tried using the console on chrome but when I enter anything I get "unexpected response....".

What do I need to download to write, compile and execute JAVA. The only programming I have ever done was BASIC (I was decent at that) many moons ago and a good stab at PASCAL but that is long gone from the brain now.

Any help appreciated.

(once I get started on JAVA I will tackle VBA)

Mods: If this is in wrong place, please move it.

Comments

Advertisement