Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leupold scope dealer

Options
  • 19-05-2012 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Does anyone know if there is a dealer for Leupold scopes in Ireland?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

FWIW, here's what Leupold's web page lists. http://locator.leupold.com/leupold_internationalretailers.html
    Daniel Tech in Dublin looks like a military / law enforcement supplier. GMK in UK seems to be a civilian supplier. They have listings all over Europe. I'll bet some of your colleagues in country have other contacts.

IRELAND:
    Daniel Technologies, Ltd.
    Attn: Stephen Roe
    Unit G1, Centrepoint,
    Rosemount Business Park,
    Dublin 11
    Tel: +353 18665691
    Fax: +353 18665692
    E-mail: info@danieltechnologies.ie
    Web site: http://www.danieltechnologies.ie/

ENGLAND:
    GMK Ltd
    Attn: Stephen Way
    Bear House
    Concorde Way
    Fareham
    Hampshire PO15 5TX
    Tel: +44 1489-579999
    Fax: +44 1489-579950
    E-mail: stephen@gmk.co.uk
    Web site: http://www.gmk.co.uk/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

When I bought my Leupold I struggled to find a local supplier. I was looking at 2-3 times the price of buying it in the US and that was if they could get it. Shop around a lot. I was looking at a high end model which seemed to be part of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Many dealers over here sell Leupold scopes. PM me with your requirements if you care to so I can start looking for you.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

As an aside, Leupold are Very overrated.

Glensman wrote: »
    As an aside, Leupold are Very overrated.

That's pretty funny, considering that the USMC and Army think the opposite. As do the vast majority of police SWAT teams in USA and Canada....of course, Leupold could just be lying to mislead you. The RCMP also use them, BTW, or did last saturday.

There's one BIG hold that Leupold have over many other scopes of similar performance - exluding US Optics, of course, - being able to walk through the door in Beaverton OR if anything goes wrong.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭De_Tomaso

Which Leupold you are looking for?

tac foley wrote: »
    That's pretty funny, considering that the USMC and Army think the opposite. As do the vast majority of police SWAT teams in USA and Canada....of course, Leupold could just be lying to mislead you. The RCMP also use them, BTW, or did last saturday.

There's one BIG hold that Leupold have over many other scopes of similar performance - exluding US Optics, of course, - being able to walk through the door in Beaverton OR if anything goes wrong.

tac

I didn't find it funny when I was stalking with Tack and his Nightforce was as clear as day and I could see nothing through my Leupold.

I've had 2 Leupolds, still have 1. They are a good scope. They are not a great scope.

Glensman wrote: »
    I didn't find it funny when I was stalking with Tack and his Nightforce was as clear as day and I could see nothing through my Leupold.

Wow thats some scientific revelations there! :D

What models were they, objective lens size?

Rew wrote: »
    Wow thats some scientific revelations there! :D

What models were they, objective lens size?

Well I have proven it in the field against multiple scopes.
    But saying you asked.

I had an M8 6x42. Which I compared against my 2 Schmidt 6x42's.
    The Leupold was decent value for money here.

I have a VX-3 6.5-20x40 which I have compared against Nightforce (which are obviously a more expensive scope) and also my Conquest 6.5-20x50 and the conquest is the superior scope in every way despite being in the same price range.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying Leupold are a bad scope. They are just not a great scope. When you read the Leupold reviews on US forums you would think they were world beaters. Hence, they are... Wait for it.... OVER-RATED

No offence but you experience seems highly limited to a couple of scopes and reading wafflers on the internet.

From what I read of you post you compared a scope to two (the NF one still unidentified) more expensive scopes and found it wasn't as good. I wouldn't put a Conquest and a VX-3 in the same price bracket at all.

• Advertisement

Rew wrote: »
    No offence but you experience seems highly limited to a couple of scopes and reading wafflers on the internet.

From what I read of you post you compared a scope to two (the NF one still unidentified) more expensive scopes and found it wasn't as good. I wouldn't put a Conquest and a VX-3 in the same price bracket at all.

I have owned a good few scopes and shot through even more.
    and I've had leupolds sitting side by side with other scopes and compared in the exact same conditions, I currently own the Leupold and the Zeiss I mentioned. I gave less money for the Zeiss. SH on the shooting forums they are making the same money. So they are in the same price bracket.

I took a deer with the Zeiss this morning and will be shooting with the Leupold tonight. There is 10mm of diff in the objective. They have the Exact same zoom but the Leupold has a 30mm tube. You act like I am comparing apples and oranges???

The nightforce was an NXS 5.5-22x56 (an admittedly more expensive and better scope).

So back to the original question since the OP wants to buy a Leupold and not anything else.

Where can he get a good deal in Ireland?

I checked out a couple of places here in UK this morning for the OP, and found that only one of them has the international trade licence to send large-magnification optical sights to the RoI. In that case the item would have to have UK Board of Trade end-user license in place beofore shipping the scope, and that would only be to a dealer anyhow.

However, I seem to recall that there was a dealer from continental Europe who posted here who was more 'user-friendly' when it came to buying higher-end scopes - maybe directly to the buyer, which would NOT happen here in UK. Of course, an ordinary joe here in UK could buy it and send it to a pal in Ireland, so I'm told...

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭De_Tomaso

I anyone is interested in Leupolds and does not demand that a dealer is from Ireland can send me a pm.

Advertisement