Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baby delivery tragedy [Caution advised]

• 19-05-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,355 ✭✭✭✭

Warning, this is not a nice news story from today, it involes a birth gone horribly wrong. Theres no pictures just the story linked to.

Just don't know what to say http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?id=839613/ hopefully the little guy is a king in the next life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

A warning would have been an idea there OP :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Jaysus :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

OMFG :eek: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

That's an article I could have done without reading. Also I don't know if using the word fail in the thread title is really appropriate. It's kinda making a joke out of a horrible and tragic story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Tragic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

FFS, you should have given a heads up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

This thread title needs a warning. Not something I want to read, wish I hadn't clicked into the link now. :(

Its awful. OP do the right thing and delete it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Ohgodohgodohgod, why did I read that?

Poor little baby. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Poor baba.
    rip little dude xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,355 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sorry folks was speachless, could I ask people to stop saying rip, not happy I used that tla myself. Not fitting for the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

FFS, you should have given a heads up....

<gallows humour> chuckles </gallows humour>

Absolutely horrific though. Imagine how the doc feels!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can someone give clue as to what happened? Don't particularly want to read the link after seeing the first replies...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Oh my

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Oh my God :eek: :(
    the poor soul x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Can someone give clue as to what happened? Don't particularly want to read the link after seeing the first replies...

No - its REALLY terrible.
    Something I read and I wish I didn't.

Honestly. Good god!

Some things you just don't need to know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Biggins wrote: »
    No - its REALLY terrible.
    Something I read and I wish I didn't.

Honestly. Good god!
    That's good enough for me so...

*unfollows thread*

edit: shít, too late. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

I just don't think this belongs in After Hours. Or anywhere for that matter.

:(

There is a few times in life I have read something and/or saw something - and wish I could go back in time and not see/read them.

This is one of them.

Poor mite.

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yes, I too think it should go unreported and the whole matter covered up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭DeeRottie

Really wish I hadn't read this. Would imagine everyone would be better off if this was taken down now tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Oh my jesus, poor baby and poor parents! I don't want to read the article. Where did it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

tuxy wrote: »

Wasn't the way i meant it. I meant it in a general sense i.e. Shouldn't have happened.

Funny enough it wasn't Galway or Mayo. They were the first places to enter my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 KimmyKims

Oh jesus christ why did i read that:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

They tried for six hours to deliver -

Her family plan to sue doctors, saying the 12lb baby was too big for a natural birth. The hospital is investigating.

If she attended all of her antenatal appointments, they would have had some estimation as to what size baby they were going to have to deliver.

I can't see how doctors wouldn't approach a birth with that size of a baby with extreme caution. So traumatic for the family, and what a horrendous death for that baby.

Sue like fúck I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

DeeRottie wrote: »
    Really wish I hadn't read this. Would imagine everyone would be better off if this was taken down now tbh.

Well why did you read it then? There's a clear warning that it isn't a pleasant story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, I will not be relaying this tale to my pregnant wife :eek:

• Advertisement

Well why did you read it then? There's a clear warning that it isn't a pleasant story.

There was no warning in the original op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

This is a bit much for AH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Its tragic and all but people are being completely hysterical about it in this thread. Read the article, it's not that bad.

PK2008 wrote: »
    This is a bit much for AH

It's real life, and there are often stories here that would stun the forums users. The manner in which the OP went about it in the other hand, I agree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

seamus wrote: »
    Yes, I will not be relaying this tale to my pregnant wife :eek:

You should tell her afterwards though, that way she can put her experience in context.

Threads like "Man Get Hits by Train" and similar ones over on Cool Vids & Pics make it hard to tell when something is going actually going to be horrible or if people are just playing along. So I cautiously opened the link, read the headline and closed straight away.

Nope. No thanks. Not going to read that.

Poor baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Chucken wrote: »
    There was no warning in the original op

My mistake. I hadn't noticed that the OP had edited his post.

Abi wrote: »
    It's real life, and there are often stories here that would stun the forums users. The manner in which the OP went about it in the other hand, I agree with you.

Real life has no place in AH!! This forum was founded on recession talk, casual sexism / racism and laughing at people with depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

tuxy wrote: »

Why?
    So someone else has the misfortune of going through the same thing because they didnt think it was possible.

It's not a pleasant story at all, it's horrific. But I don't agree that it shouldn't be reported on in the media & covered up. Plenty of nasty things have happened throughout history & if it wasn't for people speaking out & getting it publicised then those same nasty things could still be happening.

God, or whoever is up there, help that poor baby & his mother.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Real life has no place in AH!! This forum was founded on recession talk, casual sexism / racism and laughing at people with depression.
    Eh that was one of the most supportive threads on this entire site in it's history.

Tragic story indeed, though I'm thinking what sort of ape was putting that level of pressure to cause that? :eek: That took some force.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Eh that was one of the most supportive threads on this entire site in it's history.

Was it? I never actually read it cos of the title...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Wibbs wrote: »

Tragic story indeed, though I'm thinking what sort of ape was putting that level of pressure to cause that? :eek: That took some force.

All I can think about is the how the poor mother must have felt.

Real life has no place in AH!!
    This forum was founded on recession talk, casual sexism / racism and laughing at people with depression.
    It's often used as a place to discuss the news of the day, so while there is a lot of arseholery, if all it contained was discussion on someones last toilet visit, some twat that found a spider in the bath, or a debate on what the best take away chipper food was the best option after an drink bender, then I'd happily commit AH suicide and get myself a permaban.

This stuff is very much so, real life. I'll put it this way, there will be a lot of women that would rather opt out of giving birth in that hospital now.

Abi wrote: »

This stuff is very much so, real life. I'll put it this way, there will be a lot of women that would rather opt out of giving birth in that hospital now.

I think it might make some women opt out of giving birth naturally. Nightmare story for mothers to be.

hondasam wrote: »
    I think it might make some women opt out of giving birth naturally. Nightmare story for mothers to be.

I'm not telling my wife of this article.
    I know how it would effect her.

I'm not telling her because I love her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Jesus, what kind of force must have been involved for that to happen!?

Horrific story for all involved and I don't really see what there is to discuss about it.

Was it? I never actually read it cos of the title...

So you really think that deVore, one of the co-founders of this very site, would create a thread to openly mock depression?

Next time read something before jumping to conclusions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Who the hell was delivering the child? A mechanic? Should never be allowed near an animate being again.

Biggins wrote: »
    I'm not telling my wife of this article.
    I know how it would effect her.

I'm not telling her because I love her.

I did not read all of it just the first few lines but I might go and read it all again, now the initial shock has gone.
    I cant imagine how that could actually happen tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Oh my f*cking God.

hondasam wrote: »
    I did not read all of it just the first few lines but I might go and read it all again, now the initial shock has gone.
    I cant imagine how that could actually happen tbh.

I came across this morning, the Mail's version of the story - which of course spelt everything bluntly out in the headline. :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement