Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Laptop for Diablo 3

Options
  • 19-05-2012 7:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I just bought Diablo 3 after seeing that my current card (ATI Radeon mobility HD 3470) runs the game on low settings but when I went to test it to play there are some graphical glitches which make the game pretty unplayable.

I found out my laptop (Acer aspire 5920g) can actually be upgraded to have a better graphics card. I am trying to see what is the best card.

Just wondering if anyone has any info or experience about this and if even there is a better card I can get?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The few laptops that have upgradable graphics usually have a very poor upgrade paths. Since the cards tend to be tailored for specific sets of laptops, the only ones available are often from the same or close generation meaning no huge performance increases. The prices of them are nearly always fairly outrageous.
    It's doubtful that you'd get anything worthwhile for your money, so to be honest you need to figure out how to get the most of what you have or do a complete upgrade. Or buy a cheap desktop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

Thanks guys for the info, I took a chance and bought it, it runs fairly well on low settings with my current card so will stick with this for the moment!

Advertisement