Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cz mower

• 19-05-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm new to this, but I need some help. I just bought a second hand pz drum mower with no cover on it. When I power washed the mower, the drums had water in them and it could get out of the drum. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a drain hole of some kind to release the water or not (it may be blocked with all the gunk oil and hayseed) or should I drill a hole in the side of the drum to get rid of the water.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 massey6480

Czhornet wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm new to this, but I need some help. I just bought a second hand pz drum mower with no cover on it. When I power washed the mower, the drums had water in them and it could get out of the drum. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a drain hole of some kind to release the water or not (it may be blocked with all the gunk oil and hayseed) or should I drill a hole in the side of the drum to get rid of the water.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Do you mean it couldn`t get out of the drum it will probably seep out in time there is no drain hole in the bottom of the drum but the top of the saucer is only laid up against the drum so if you clean it out it should help it to escape:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

Just spin the mower up to 540 rpm and the water will fly out. Dont go drilling holes in the Drums, these are Dynamically balanced as soon as these mowers lose there balance they start to vibrate which in turn shakes the sh1t out of everything which could explain why there's no cover on the mower as this is usually the first thing to fall off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Czhornet

Thanks for the replies lads,
    The water drained out of one drum but the second one kept the water in it. I spun the drums around but it was more of a washing machine effect with the water staying inside against the side of the drum. I eventually sucked the water out with a compressor blowing across a small diameter pipe. I think I need to get a cover on before I wash the next time!

Thanks again for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

Czhornet wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies lads,
    The water drained out of one drum but the second one kept the water in it. I spun the drums around but it was more of a washing machine effect with the water staying inside against the side of the drum. I eventually sucked the water out with a compressor blowing across a small diameter pipe. I think I need to get a cover on before I wash the next time!

Thanks again for the help

hope the water didnt do damage to the bearing that holds the drum on

Advertisement