Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia for 10 days???

Options
  • 19-05-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everybody,

I have a half notion of going to Australia in the summer time.
    I would be going to see friends and would be happy to touch off 2/3 diff places while there but unfortunately I'll only have 10 days...

Am I mad?? I'm not sure if this is a good idea at all because of the length of the journey? But I've never been on a flight that long before so I'm going in a little bit blind!

would really appreciate any advice!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

If you're young and fit - go for it.

Seriously. No point in looking back in a year or two regreting that you didn't go.

It will only take about a day to get over the trip there.

Bear in mind the size of the place when you say you want to visit only 2/3 places.
    For example, Perth - Melbourne - Sydney is roughly equivilant in distance to, Moscow - Paris - Dublin, so if you only have 10 days (7 if you include the trip there and back) you'll be jumping in and out of planes which can be a pain in the neck due to getting to airports and being dependent on flight timetables.

Although if the places and people you want to see are all concentrated in New South Wales and Victoria, (most people are), it will make things easier.

You should also factor in a day to wind down when you get back. You'll be wrecked.

But I'd definitely go. Thats a proper holiday and beats the hell out of blowing a week in Lanzerotte etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 saan

that's all great advice and has really put me at ease... thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mikedublin

One suggestion : To help beat the Jet-lag on the way out, try and get a flight that arrives into Australia in their evening time. That way you will be tired when you arrive, but able to go to bed at the same time as everyone else there, and when its naturally getting dark outside. If you do that then you should hopefully wake up the next morning at the correct natural time for Australia daylight and not have any jet lag. I did this 3 years ago and it worked.

(doing it the other way round and arriving in Australia in their morning means you will probably have to have a sleep during that day and then be awake all their night and it takes a bit longer to adjust your body-clock).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Coming home is absolute murder.

Advertisement