Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Vodafone Bill Pay Phone to Meteor Pay as you Go - Question

Options
  • 19-05-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Question here, if my mother who is currently on vodafone, was to upgrade her phone, would it be possible for me then to switch that phone to Meteor on Pay as you Go? And then for her to keep the phone she already had?
    Much Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

If you upgrade on billpay you'll need to sign a new contract and the phone will be locked to vodafone for the contract duration.

If you buy a vodafone prepay upgrade phone then the phone will be locked to only function on the vodafone network until you spend €127+ credit in a six-month period.

Best option is to buy the phone on meteor and switch over there and then, or buy the phone SIM-free off Amazon, Expansys etc. and just switch to meteor prepay in your own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 franksarms

I see, my plan may not work out as I thought so. I whole idea was pretty much so that I could get a cheaper phone by taking my mothers upgrade, but that doesn't look too possible does it without having to wait until the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

It is possible to get an unlock code for the phone though which would allow you to use it on meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

You could also save your mother money by asking for a cheaper monthly bill since she won't be getting an upgrade.

Advertisement