Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenge in Hamlet

• 19-05-2012 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey guys im just formulating some ideas for Essay structures for questions that might come up for Hamlet and would really appreciate any help doing it!

I was sorta thinking of maybe like 7 main points/paragraphs to expand on for each question so any suggestions would be awesome! Cheers

For revenge I've been sort of thinking about

1. Revenge sets up the whole set of events of the play. Main story is carried along by revenge.

2. Hamlet is a revenge driven plot whereby the main character cannot actually commit revenge (procrastination).

3. Is revenge morally right under these circumstances?

4. Does revenge pay? Bring in Comparisons and Mirrors with Fortinbras and Laertes.

Any other suggestions?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Hey guys im just formulating some ideas for Essay structures for questions that might come up for Hamlet and would really appreciate any help doing it!

I was sorta thinking of maybe like 7 main points/paragraphs to expand on for each question so any suggestions would be awesome! Cheers

For revenge I've been sort of thinking about

1. Revenge sets up the whole set of events of the play. Main story is carried along by revenge.

2. Hamlet is a revenge driven plot whereby the main character cannot actually commit revenge (procrastination).

3. Is revenge morally right under these circumstances?

4. Does revenge pay? Bring in Comparisons and Mirrors with Fortinbras and Laertes.

Any other suggestions?
    Thanks!
    You could bring in about Pyrhhus as well with the laertes and fortinbras, he's another son out to avenge a father.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭skanger

The points for my essay are

1.Revenge came up last year, study something else

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

skanger wrote: »
    The points for my essay are

1.Revenge came up last year, study something else

Serious? I always see people saying revenge is likely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭skanger

Serious? I always see people saying revenge is likely.

(i) “Revenge and justice are finely balanced themes in the play, Hamlet.”
    Discuss this statement, supporting your answer with suitable reference to
    the text.

So it's unlikely for this year too

Advertisement