Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Journalism Course

Options
  • 19-05-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So I came across a course online, a diploma in Music Journalism in Independent College. Its in conjunction with Hot Press. Has anyone done this course? Or know much about it? Id love to know if graduates are working now etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I think the Irish Times were doing a free version last year. Would be worth checking out and seeing if they're doing it again.

As a journalism graduate, I can tell you that you'll get much further by starting a blog and doing consistently solid music reviews. I'm not sure what they can actually teach you on a course like that. I may sound hugely cynical, but I can't actually come up with anything other than some grammar and music history.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Clover139

Thanks for the reply! Yeah you may be right. I think the contacts that could be made through it could be fairly beneficial though, as all the lecturers are working journalists. I already have started a blog so I'll keep going with that and see how I feel in October when the course is to start. Thanks :)

Advertisement