Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spray or fertilise first??

• 19-05-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

what should i do first spray for thistles and nettles (mcpa) and then fertilise or fertilise first and then spray later..or does it make a difference??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

eorna wrote: »
    what should i do first spray for thistles and nettles (mcpa) and then fertilise or fertilise first and then spray later..or does it make a difference??
    spray, looking at a least one week before fertilise after.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭joe17

i have different problem
    i was wondering we ploughed some land it had a small bit of rushes and we never sprayed it.will there be rushes when the grass starts to grow and should i spread lime before i spread the seeds or when and what should i do:confused: thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭DMAXMAN

MCPA HAS ONLY A LIMITED EFFECT ON NETTLES. IF I WAS DOING IT I WOULD USE GRAZON90.WILL TAKE OUT BOTH AT PROPER RATE. MCPA ONLY KILLS THISTLES FOR ONE YEAR. IF THISTLES WERE THE MAIN CONCERN THISTLEX IS EXCELLENT FOR THISTLES.NETTLES USUALLY TAKE MORE THAN 1 YEAR TO KILL IN MY EXPERIENCE BUT ARE EASILY SPOT SPRAYED BECAUSE THEY GROW IN CLUMPS;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭DMAXMAN

joe17 wrote: »
    i have different problem
    i was wondering we ploughed some land it had a small bit of rushes and we never sprayed it.will there be rushes when the grass starts to grow and should i spread lime before i spread the seeds or when and what should i do:confused: thanks
    I WOULD ROLL THE PLOUGHED GROUND AND SPREAD LIME THEN BEFORE TILLING TO GET IT WELL MIXED INTO THE TOP OF THE SOIL WHERE THE SEED IS GOING TO GERMINATE. ALSO IF THE RUSHES ARE SHOWING ABOVE THE PLOUGHING YOU COULD STILL SPRAY THEM WITH ROUNDUP:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭joe17

thanks for that ill do that

• Advertisement
Advertisement