Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Panel Beater/Car body repair service.

• 19-05-2012 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Bagged myself a nice Passat but need some small damage to the wheel arch over passenger back door repaired.
    Any suggestions on who would do it without raping my pocket?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

DOBBER112 wrote: »
    Bagged myself a nice Passat but need some small damage to the wheel arch over passenger back door repaired.
    Any suggestions on who would do it without raping my pocket?

If the paint isn't broken or marked, a good mate of mine does paintless dent removal.

If it's a panel beater, filler, paint job it's a simple case of you get what you pay for.

Rather than post my opinions on prices and work... Drop me a PM if you haven't found someone.

Got a front bumper sprayed and fitted yesterday (needless to say the bumper wasn't straight forward as it was cheap as chips / not original part from eBay and needed more than a little persuasion)

I paid HALF what I was originally quoted.

Now, I'm a pedantic fcuker and the colour isn't 'an exact match'. To get that, I'd have to spend twice what I did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DOBBER112

Hooked wrote: »
    If the paint isn't broken or marked, a good mate of mine does paintless dent removal.

If it's a panel beater, filler, paint job it's a simple case of you get what you pay for.

Rather than post my opinions on prices and work... Drop me a PM if you haven't found someone.

Got a front bumper sprayed and fitted yesterday (needless to say the bumper wasn't straight forward as it was cheap as chips / not original part from eBay and needed more than a little persuasion)

I paid HALF what I was originally quoted.

Now, I'm a pedantic fcuker and the colour isn't 'an exact match'. To get that, I'd have to spend twice what I did...

Think your friends name is Artur is it not? Seen his website, looks like quality work, theres a small ding in the passenger door I'll be using him for. The paint on the wheel arch is broken in places and will need the skills of a panel beater. The car other than that is perfect condition so I'm wanting to bring it back too 100% :D

http://www.pdrlimerick.com/default.html

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

would recommend westlink in clondrinagh/coonagh - always reliable and efficient

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

ned daly in cappamore done a few jobs on my car and i was more dan happy with it very good price 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I'd recommend JCR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

Check out John at Align Auto Repair Centre - they do excellent work, both repairs and cosmetic touchups.

Castlemungret, Dock rd Limerick Co. Limerick

(061)309138

g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DOBBER112

godfrey wrote: »
    Check out John at Align Auto Repair Centre - they do excellent work, both repairs and cosmetic touchups.

Castlemungret, Dock rd Limerick Co. Limerick

(061)309138

g

He wanted €400 cash to do it. By far the most expensive quote. Ended up going with Keith O'Brien for €250. Cheapest quote was €150, but the cheapest isn't always the best quality and Keith came highly recommended.

http://www.crashrepairslimerick.ie/

Advertisement