Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parents & Communion Money

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

brummytom wrote: »
    I got a missal and a crucifix for my communion.

Can I re-do it?

You'll probably get a missile and a crucifix if you try that.

They only throw money at it over here, I never got a penny in England either, tight-fisted feckers.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

My daughter spent her conformation money on a weeks holiday at an adventure centre, she loves doing the canoeing, rock climbing and so on so decided to give herself a week at an adventre centre, full board and bed....

That actually sounds like an excellent way to spend the confo! So many people just lock it away only to blow it when they're old enough to buy booze or see it battered by inflation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Can I re-do it?

I got several.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

My mother was telling us a great story she heard in the hairdressers..

The mother rented a limo for the day to drive the little girl around collecting money from all the relations and friends, they stopped for food on their rounds and the mother had taken the money to pay for it from the money collected, her plans then were to pay for the limo hire from more of the money.
    Anyway, last port of call was the Aunts house, mother in having a cuppa and started to wonder where the little girl had gone and then got more worried when she realised she had her purse with her with about €700 in it...
    After 10 mins of frantically looking outside for her she noticed her coming back across a green with her new "horse" on a rope, yep she;d bought a €700 piebald form someone that probably didnt even own it :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Can I re-do it?

I got a missal, a crucifix AND a hand-knitted Aran cardigan from my Auntie Mary!

I must be considerably richer than yow........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

My cousin made her communion recently - we didn't like the idea of giving her mammy money as we knew she wouldn't spend it on the child or anything useful so we bought her a bracelet with holy communion charms on it. She loved it and we ignored the dirty looks from the mammy - pretty much all the relatives did the same :pac:

I won't be doing the whole holy communion crapola with my kids when I eventually have them - we're all going to Disneyland instead (will be putting money aside every week for this holiday and if it's a girl she can get a princess whatever dress - or if it's a boy and he's into that he can have one too :P )

Also, the story with the girl buying a pony! Hahahahhaa class!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

(will be putting money aside every week for this holiday and if it's a girl she can get a princess whatever dress - or if it's a boy and he's into that he can have one too :P )

You are adorable. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

forfuxsake wrote: »
    We'd communion last Sunday for my little cousin, I spent 20 euro on a beautiful crystal cross and gave it to her to wear for her big day. I got no thanks and was looked on for being a cheap skate for not giving her cold hard cash by her mother and co. Such a crowd of ****. :rolleyes:

Another example of you bible-lovers bringing religion where it is not wanted.
    But it was communion? Whatever about the kid being unenthusiastic, actual adults were pissed off about it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I have lots of nephews and nieces,don't have a problem with any of them dropping into us on there communion or confirmation days,and if I give them a few euro thats fine to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

El Weirdo wrote: »
    My little girl made her communion last week. We went to the pub and she bought me drink all day with her cash.

I got so trashed I could barely see the road in front of me when I drove home. Kebab went everywhere.

She really is the best daughter a father could ask for.

He`s not joking :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

You are adorable. :D:D:D

Tee hee hee :)

Advertisement