Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DEll XPSz 15 Resume Issue, Hibernation Faul

Options
  • 20-05-2012 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi 
       I purchased a XPSz 15 in December 2011. With an SSD Hard Disk, 8GB ram, Windows 7 Professional. I am on my 3rd replacement machine. 3 out of three suggests a configuration issue. See pho
    Has anyone had this problem or any suggestions to fix it?

History of Very Poor and Insulting behaviour

I purchased a XPSz 15 in December 2011. With an SSD Hard Disk, 8GB ram, Windows 7 Professional. Dell Lost the first Machine and droped it - it was deliver damaged. But would fail to resume. See Below. I received a second Machine at the End of January 2012. This also has the same Resume issue. I have paid for next day onsite repair. 
    Over a couple of months - I spent hours / days- following Dell Support Requests. Reinstalling the Operating System doing checks on the Phone- I got to know Kumar the support guy (very helpful) But to no avail. 
    The sent a replacement machine, This to had the same problem. The replaced the mother board, the hard disk, but no change. 

The system restore partition on the 3rd machine was lost when installing the new hard drive. 

I asked that they help me create a disk so I could restore the laptop to original settings (something I have don every year with all my computers). Over a month of requests, they said it was not possible. (It turns out windows 7 has an excellent utility for this). 
    During this time I have been told Dell do not sell machines with Restore partitions any more, and the I am holding Dell to ransom a criminal act. 
    Up to this laptop I have always used Toshiba machines and the have never failed. And Tech Support was great.
    I am very sorry I bougth this machine and at 2000 euro - and in lost working time 2000-3000 euro. Its a disaster.
    Feargal

Comments

Advertisement