Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice quiet hotel in countryside

Options
  • 20-05-2012 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Hey there! Does anybody know of any nice and quiet hotels/b&b in Dublin preferably surrounded by fields or some other scenic views? Do they exist in Dublin at all? Need to find one very much and I would appreciate your help. Just want to spend couple of days with my wife somewhere away from buisy streets, pubs etc. thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

Try The Station House, Kilmessan.... We have stayed there and found it wonderful, very secluded gorgeous conversion of the old railway station buildings.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Try The Station House, Kilmessan.... We have stayed there and found it wonderful, very secluded gorgeous conversion of the old railway station buildings.

thats in meath not dublin city.

you could try any of the hotels on the coast line

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

irishbird wrote: »
    thats in meath not dublin city.

you could try any of the hotels on the coast line

A 20min drive away!!!! hum!:eek:.. Could drop off the end of the world:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Quiet with views, not fields but golf courses, plenty of walks, food not great but loads of restaurants nearby, Howth: http://www.deerpark-hotel.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

tricky D wrote: »
    Quiet with views, not fields but golf courses, plenty of walks, food not great but loads of restaurants nearby, Howth: http://www.deerpark-hotel.ie/

It's a bit rough and ready, and at this time of the year it is thronged all day from 8am with golfers for the three courses ....

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Thank you all for your help. I will check the links and see from there. Thank you again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Marine hotel in Sutton looks out on to Dublin bay. I've never stayed there but i'm sure they have rooms looking out to the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Mark

Roganstown have some great deals....also there is Trim Castle not too far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Piliger wrote: »
    It's a bit rough and ready, and at this time of the year it is thronged all day from 8am with golfers for the three courses ....
    Good point. The teeing off and chatting could be a bit noisy.
    joeperry wrote: »
    Marine hotel in Sutton looks out on to Dublin bay. I've never stayed there but i'm sure they have rooms looking out to the sea.
    They should but 2 negatives would be poor food and smell of the tidal flats at certain times.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Fitzpatrick's Castle in Killiney maybe? Shame the Dalkey Island Hotel isn't there anymore...(not to mention the Khyber Pass Hotel...)

tricky D wrote: »
    Good point. The teeing off and chatting could be a bit noisy.

Well that actually would not be a major problem, as it happens, because they are out on the course. The problem is the throng of players waiting around the front of the Hotel itself waiting for their tee off times. Many dozens of them all day long, from 8am. They come long before their times because it is so so hard to get on the course there.

Been there, done it, many many times ;)

Fitzpatrick's Castle in Killiney maybe?

Lived recently locally to it. It has a night club. Also because it is almost at the top of the hill every walk is a tough one. If you don't mind that then the walks around the Killiney hill and park are wonderful with amazing views of the sea, Dalkey and Killiney Bay. Quite a stylish quality hotel inside too.

Lived recently locally to it. It has a night club. Also because it is almost at the top of the hill every walk is a tough one. If you don't mind that then the walks around the Killiney hill and park are wonderful with amazing views of the sea, Dalkey and Killiney Bay. Quite a stylish quality hotel inside too.

Did the nightclub not close down years ago?? Jesters, it was called. Always regretted it closed before I had the chance to be old enough to go! Is there a new one now?

Did the nightclub not close down years ago?? Jesters, it was called. Always regretted it closed before I had the chance to be old enough to go! Is there a new one now?

Hmmm... now that I think of it I am not sure. I know they have a cavern kind of thing downstairs...where they used to have a nightclub but when I visit the web site it seems to be gone.

Oops.

Hmmm... now that I think of it I am not sure. I know they have a cavern kind of thing downstairs...where they used to have a nightclub but when I visit the web site it seems to be gone.

Oops.

I think that's the Cauldron restaurant/bar.

Advertisement