Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insanity Workout: Anyone try it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

benny79 wrote: »
    you are going off topic! I only asked could I do insantly see benefits without losing weight?
    And I told you to eat more on days you're doing cardio since you said losing weight from cardio was an issue.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

what do you want me to say? morning cereal 10 am toasted sambo, lunch omlette + chips(varies) 6pm dinner varies mash veg meat, pasta dish, pizza etc then a snack in evenin cud be anything scramble eggs toastly,, and some days I would have 2 dinners if I called home and dinner was on then head to my own house and the misses had dinner ready..

you are going off topic! I only asked could I do insantly see benefits without losing weight?

Thats standard enough for someone who is training, mightn't be the healthiest in the world but I wouldn't classify it as "Big".
    You probably burn off more than other people hence your losing weight. Put a few fillers there on the day you do cardio, pasta, spuds etc will maintain you after your workout.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

lol at that being a big appetite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

as in big appetite I can and have easily ate 2 big dinners 1 after the other Im am never really full more satisfyed all my mates slag me at how much Id eat when were out etc and I can easily go a day without dinner etc..

I ate 7 mcchicken sambo in mcdonalds for a bet once and still was nt full get my drift!

@ yop I try eat healthy most of the week with pasta,rice etc.:)

I have done cardio in the gym and bulked up on shakes etc and still lost weight and that was only running!! Im currently nearly 12 1/2 stone which is hard to keep and could easily fall back to 12/11 1/2

how I got to 12 1/2 is gym/weights hardly any cardio and shakes. but If i dont do any gym it falls to 11 1/2 or less from doing nothing!

And trust me when I say I eat a lot! maybe not always the healthest ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

as in big appetite I can and have easily ate 2 big dinners 1 after the other Im am never really full more satisfyed all my mates slag me at how much Id eat when were out etc and I can easily go a day without dinner etc..

I ate 7 mcchicken sambo in mcdonalds for a bet once and still was nt full get my drift!

@ yop I try eat healthy most of the week with pasta,rice etc.:)

I have done cardio in the gym and bulked up on shakes etc and still lost weight and that was only running!! Im currently nearly 12 1/2 stone which is hard to keep and could easily fall back to 12/11 1/2

how I got to 12 1/2 is gym/weights hardly any cardio and shakes. but If i dont do any gym it falls to 11 1/2 or less from doing nothing!

And trust me when I say I eat a lot! maybe not always the healthest ;)

You eat a lot of stuff that isnt filling you up though, right?. Try porridge or rashers and eggs in the morning, get more fresh meat into you, drink a pint of milk with every meal. You'll soon notice the difference. You just need to eat more good food.

• Advertisement

I do eat porridge in the mornings and mainly drink milk hate fizzy drinks,
    ah I was told I have a high metabolism hence why its hard to gain weight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I do eat porridge in the mornings and mainly drink milk hate fizzy drinks,
    ah I was told I have a high metabolism hence why its hard to gain weight!

Eating more will solve that :) You should probably track what you are eating fora week using something like myfitnesspal and make a post in the nutrition forum, you'll get some good advice that should help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 makeithappen87

HEY gUYS, just wanna say keep doing:) I lost more than 20 kilos in 5/6 months, doing insanity workouts, p90X. Now I am mixing all- depends what I wanna do one day. I do insanity, p90x, les mills combat , do the boxfit in the gym as well. Good luck.I love insanity workouts, still wanna loose some kilos, not too many and get my abs!

http://elizasylwia.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

As a hardcore rocker of the beer belly, this stuff is seriously tough. Day 5 today - full on cardio, 20 minutes non-stop. Nearly died.

I'm taking banana, blueberries and a protein shake afterwards - do I need to get a full meal in (say I had only had a large lunch that day) as well or will that be enough for the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

As a hardcore rocker of the beer belly, this stuff is seriously tough. Day 5 today - full on cardio, 20 minutes non-stop. Nearly died.

I'm taking banana, blueberries and a protein shake afterwards - do I need to get a full meal in (say I had only had a large lunch that day) as well or will that be enough for the day?

You need to fuel your body for these workouts, one large meal and a post workout shake isn't enough. Try have some smaller meals spread throughout the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 ConCoBar

Agreed. Get a good breakfast in you, I've 4 scrambled eggs with 1 yoke, banana and meal replacement for snack. It's from myprotein called macromeal. For lunch I've a lasagne - I use 900g of turkey mince, 3 peppers - green, red and yellow, a large tray of mushrooms and a large onion. I used Dolmio light lasagne sauce and Dolmio Onion and Tomatoe sauce all with whole wheat lasagne sheets. Some light cheese on top and it's delicious!! I've a chicken and veg soup at 4 and a banana, a protein shake, a burrito bowl. Yum!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Miles not enough food lad, you'll be in starvation mode and your body won't lose weight and you will not build muscle. Fuel it or don't use it.

Agreed. If you feel hungry then you're already not eating enough. Download the P90X book. I found giving up spuds and bread to be the best thing ever. I've replaced spuds with sweet potatoes. Peel em and roast em!! If you're diet is poor then P90X will not work. After 6pm I don't eat high energy foods unless I'm doing a late workout where I can burn it off. e.g. a burrito bowl with rice if I'm going to workout and without rice if I've done a workout. I've drop to 10st 1lbs and have never felt nor looked better. I did insanity and P90X without the diet and it didn't work. I don't even like the term diet because it's not. It's how I eat.

I do P90X though on Sunday and Tuesdays and Fridays, Insanity on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. I take Sunday off. Sometimes I've 5 a side on Mondays and Wednesdays which I do in place of Insanity. You have to be doing at least 5 days a week which a fantastic diet. Go to myprotein.com and get a good protein and Meal Replacement. Don't go near Holland and Barrett as their stuff is terrible.

Conorooney wrote: »
    Agreed. If you feel hungry then you're already not eating enough. Download the P90X book. I found giving up spuds and bread to be the best thing ever. I've replaced spuds with sweet potatoes. Peel em and roast em!! If you're diet is poor then P90X will not work. After 6pm I don't eat high energy foods unless I'm doing a late workout where I can burn it off. e.g. a burrito bowl with rice if I'm going to workout and without rice if I've done a workout. I've drop to 10st 1lbs and have never felt nor looked better. I did insanity and P90X without the diet and it didn't work. I don't even like the term diet because it's not. It's how I eat.

I do P90X though on Sunday and Tuesdays and Fridays, Insanity on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. I take Sunday off. Sometimes I've 5 a side on Mondays and Wednesdays which I do in place of Insanity. You have to be doing at least 5 days a week which a fantastic diet. Go to myprotein.com and get a good protein and Meal Replacement. Don't go near Holland and Barrett as their stuff is terrible.

:)

Thurs off?

H&b is terrible and dolmio isn't? :pac:

Haha I meant soccer on Thursdays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

So I realize I'm probably about 3-4 years behind the curve, but I started the Insanity 60 day programme at the weekend.

Had already done a fairly tough cardio session in the gym Saturday morning when I decided to do the Insanity fitness test on Saturday afternoon.

Found some of the exercises okay as they weren't that dissimilar to what I normally do except they are done with more intensity and less rest when following the DVD! Really worked up a sweat, that's for sure.

Did day 2 last night, which is 42mins long (fitness test is only about 25mins)
    Found the last 10-12 mins very tough. Apart from been tired, my kitchen floor was far from ideal - after 30mins of training there was a lot of sweat droplets on the floor and I was slipping all over the floor tiles while trying to do press-ups and trust my legs in-and-out.

Good stuff! Just keep doing it. Take a photo for before and hang it on your fridge. Good place too and you see it when you go to the Fridge! Set a goal, a realistic goal. Don't be thinking you're going to get ripped after 6 workouts. Unless you're in pretty good shape, you would see 'results city' until at least 5-6 weeks into it.

I would recommend getting at least one P90X in there, the 'Chest and Back' one. I find it brilliant as it's all push up and pull up. Mix it up a little and you'll enjoy it.

I know all the DVD's and moves inside out so much that I have it playing in the background and watch something on the laptop and the time flies! I wouldn't recommend it though until you've done at least one round of it! :)

Yeah, I did the photo thing. Going to take one each week.

Going to start previewing the next days workout so I know what drills are coming.
    I was doing day 3 tonight and found that I am missing out on nearly all of the first set of each exercise group as I had to stop and watch the various steps/body positions first.

Going to do the first 30 days and then depending on the results I might throw in some P90x stuff in the 2nd 30 days.

So I realize I'm probably about 3-4 years behind the curve, but I started the Insanity 60 day programme at the weekend.

Had already done a fairly tough cardio session in the gym Saturday morning when I decided to do the Insanity fitness test on Saturday afternoon.

Found some of the exercises okay as they weren't that dissimilar to what I normally do except they are done with more intensity and less rest when following the DVD! Really worked up a sweat, that's for sure.

Did day 2 last night, which is 42mins long (fitness test is only about 25mins)
    Found the last 10-12 mins very tough. Apart from been tired, my kitchen floor was far from ideal - after 30mins of training there was a lot of sweat droplets on the floor and I was slipping all over the floor tiles while trying to do press-ups and trust my legs in-and-out.
    Did that one earlier today, yeah the final 3 sets are really tough. Fairly grueling on the shoulders, i'm trying to do weights at the gym with Insanity but it's proving pretty hard as Insanity is so hard on the shoulders.

• Advertisement

I seem to getting away without any pain or soreness in the upper-body so far but my legs are very sore, particularly the groin muscles and my left knee (very old injury, hasn't been right since I was teenager).

The final three sets in day 3 are nuts. I was there doing the on the spot sprints with the hurdle jumps bit then suddenly he's on the floor doing press-ups. I've barely got down and done one of four press-up's and i'm like "wait, what, we're doing knee trusts now? (or whatever they are called), sudden he's back up on his feet and down again and on press-up #3 of the 2nd set and I'm still getting up from the first set!! Arwh!

Anyway, I had to pause it and do them all at a slower pace. "form over speed" and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

I seem to getting away without any pain or soreness in the upper-body so far but my legs are very sore, particularly the groin muscles and my left knee (very old injury, hasn't been right since I was teenager).

The final three sets in day 3 are nuts. I was there doing the on the spot sprints with the hurdle jumps bit then suddenly he's on the floor doing press-ups. I've barely got down and done one of four press-up's and i'm like "wait, what, we're doing knee trusts now? (or whatever they are called), sudden he's back up on his feet and down again and on press-up #3 of the 2nd set and I'm still getting up from the first set!! Arwh!

Anyway, I had to pause it and do them all at a slower pace. "form over speed" and all that.

For the knee may I suggest a foam roller on the quads, if a physio hasn't suggested that already?

For the knee may I suggest a foam roller on the quads, if a physio hasn't suggested that already?

Thanks. Its the ligament on the inside of the left knee where the muscle on the thigh bone joins the knee.

Tore it doing Karate as a 10 year old (20+ years ago) and never had it looked at. Been playing rugby for years and years on it and never had more then and odd day here and there where it was acting up. But the insanity routines so far are heavily based on squatting and jumping and repeated impact on that joint.

Wait until you go to the Level 2 sets.... thats when the fun starts :D

would instanity work if you just want to get fit and toned but not lose weight as I find it hard to but weight on am 12 1/2 stone(which is perfect) normally when i do cardio which i love the weight falls of and quickly drop to 11 stone and look very scrawny!

would instanity work if you just want to get fit and toned but not lose weight as I find it hard to but weight on am 12 1/2 stone(which is perfect) normally when i do cardio which i love the weight falls of and quickly drop to 11 stone and look very scrawny!

It will do yes if you ensure you maintain the calories.

I have myfitnesspal on my phone. You can select the workout done and it will tell you what cals you are burning. I am sure its not 100% accurate, but it will give you a good ball park.

I think MapMyRun also has them as activities, so will give you an idea of cals burned.

Wish to heck I had your problem! :(

so everyone keeps telling me! There's always the other side to the coin though, I love running and was burning the thread mill up in the gym and weight fell off me, People start say I looked like a junkie! so instructor told me to do less cardio and more weights plus protein shakes which got my weight back up but took a while but then my fitness levels dropped..

I find running and pumping the tunes on ur ipod a great stress relief!

As Yop says, maintain your calories and you wont loose any weight.

If you normally burn 2000 cals a day, and you start insanity then you are looking at having to consume 2600 a day going forward.

The additional 600cals is just for example purpose. I've no idea how many cals you burn per insanity workout. Anyone out there any idea on average how many cals are burnt in each workout (assuming your doing it at 85-90% capacity).

As Yop says, maintain your calories and you wont loose any weight.

If you normally burn 2000 cals a day, and you start insanity then you are looking at having to consume 2600 a day going forward.

The additional 600cals is just for example purpose. I've no idea how many cals you burn per insanity workout. Anyone out there any idea on average how many cals are burnt in each workout (assuming your doing it at 85-90% capacity).

What I have here roughly! I keep a training log, well I did before I got this back issue.
    This is what I found from mapmyrun

Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit - 41 mins long, mapmyrun has it at 900 cals
    Cardio Power & Resistance - 40 mins long, marked as 540 cals.

Insanity Plyometric - 41 mins - 947 cals
    Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance - 40 mins - 569 cals
    Insanity Cardio Recovery - 33 mins - 469 cals
    Insanity Pure Cardio - 39 mins - 693 cals

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »

Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit - 41 mins long, mapmyrun has it at 900 cals
    Cardio Power & Resistance - 40 mins long, marked as 540 cals.

Insanity Plyometric - 41 mins - 947 cals
    Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance - 40 mins - 569 cals
    Insanity Cardio Recovery - 33 mins - 469 cals
    Insanity Pure Cardio - 39 mins - 693 cals

Thanks, must start using that mapmyrun app.

Glad to see the cardio recovery is nearly 500 ... It doesn't feel like you are doing all that much but I was a sweaty mess after it.

I woudnt have a clue about how much calorie intake I would normally consume or burn off! but Im sure if I kept up the protein shakes and bigger portions etc it be doable.

Thanks, must start using that mapmyrun app.

Glad to see the cardio recovery is nearly 500 ... It doesn't feel like you are doing all that much but I was a sweaty mess after it.

Its free and its great to keep a track of where you were last year for example.

I used Strava for cycling and running, but I also use mapmyrun as it also allows you to enter circuit training, insanity etc.
    It also now syncs with myfitnesspal application which is class.

Myfitnesspal is very good as all you do is scan the barcode of the food you are eating and it will search and get all the nutritional details and calories.

A mini scales then on the kitchen counter for weighing.

Thanks Yop, 'appreciate the advice.

That pure cardio workout was tough. Started getting worried when Shaun T claimed he was 'nervous' too. Well worth it though. Felt great afterwards and only struggled for formon the last 1-2 exercises (burpess/suicides)

Slightly disappointed yesterday when the Abs workout on day6 was only 13-14mins long, had myself all prepared for another monster 40-50mins session.

That pure cardio workout was tough. Started getting worried when Shaun T claimed he was 'nervous' too. Well worth it though. Felt great afterwards and only struggled for formon the last 1-2 exercises (burpess/suicides)

Slightly disappointed yesterday when the Abs workout on day6 was only 13-14mins long, had myself all prepared for another monster 40-50mins session.

Pure cardio is a good workout for sure. Did the Cardio Power and Resistance.
    I think the abs is short as too much would be too tough and might do more damage than good!

• Advertisement

Aren't you meant to do the abs with the cardio recovery?

siblers wrote: »
    Aren't you meant to do the abs with the cardio recovery?

Are you, because that would make sense. I did cardio recovery today and defo could have done with doing something extra.

Ah Jayzus. I'm a moron. I downloaded my stuff from a *cough* kickass website and I thought the files were numbered in accordance with that days workout. i. e. 04 Cardio Recovery 05 Pure Cardio etc etc, yesterday was day 6 so I did 06 Cardio Abs when I should have been doing Pylometric Cardio Circuit again (same as day2).
    Pfft, what a newbie mistake.

2nd attempt at the 'pure cardio' workout this morning (day 9 I think it is).

That is one tough mother f**ker. I thought I'd find it slightly easier 2nd time around but if anything it was harder. The alternating kicks where you are jumping from one foot to another and kicking with the foot that's not on the ground is murder... 30 seconds maybe but 60 seconds of that is impossible.

2nd attempt at the 'pure cardio' workout this morning (day 9 I think it is).

That is one tough mother f**ker. I thought I'd find it slightly easier 2nd time around but if anything it was harder. The alternating kicks where you are jumping from one foot to another and kicking with the foot that's not on the ground is murder... 30 seconds maybe but 60 seconds of that is impossible.

Just make sure for the first few attempts of all these exercises you study what they are doing and ensure your doing it right. So many people go into these exercises and don't do them right and end up injuring ankles, knees etc as they are not doing it right and/or landing incorrectly.

The pure cardio is a good workout, you will find after about 3 weeks that they get easier. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Ah Jayzus. I'm a moron. I downloaded my stuff from a *cough* kickass website and I thought the files were numbered in accordance with that days workout. i. e. 04 Cardio Recovery 05 Pure Cardio etc etc, yesterday was day 6 so I did 06 Cardio Abs when I should have been doing Pylometric Cardio Circuit again (same as day2).
    Pfft, what a newbie mistake.

Did you not get the calendar(s)?

*attached*

Soarer wrote: »
    Did you not get the calendar(s)?

*attached*

Yep, thats how much of a moron I am. ha ha.

Didnt get the one in MS Excel though. Cheers for that, that's useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

honestly terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Can anybody tell me if the Insanity workout and Insanity Asylum combined is to make up the 60 days.

A friend copied it and gave it to me he gave me 10 discs. Insanity 1-4. Insanity Asylum 1-4. Hip Hop Abs and Insanity Fast and Furious. I have done Insanity 1-4 in 14 days so could anybody tell me if this is correct or are you supposed to repeat the discs. Surely 4 discs should take longer than 14 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Carriexx

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me if the Insanity workout and Insanity Asylum combined is to make up the 60 days.

A friend copied it and gave it to me he gave me 10 discs. Insanity 1-4. Insanity Asylum 1-4. Hip Hop Abs and Insanity Fast and Furious. I have done Insanity 1-4 in 14 days so could anybody tell me if this is correct or are you supposed to repeat the discs. Surely 4 discs should take longer than 14 days?

Hi. Google insanity timetable online. You repeat the diff workouts a few times in a certain order......you've loads to go :-)

Carriexx wrote: »
    Hi. Google insanity timetable online. You repeat the diff workouts a few times in a certain order......you've loads to go :-)

Cheers just finished the first 4 disks today so i presume i am on track. I will look up the table go from their thanks.

I got them too and downloaded the timetable.

A good meal replacement I use from myprotein.ie is called Macro: Meal. I got the strawberry flavour. I find it excellent with a banana for my 11am break and a cup of green tea with lemon!! Yum!

Conorooney wrote: »
    I got them too and downloaded the timetable.

A good meal replacement I use from myprotein.ie is called Macro: Meal. I got the strawberry flavour. I find it excellent with a banana for my 11am break and a cup of green tea with lemon!! Yum!

Is their any vitamins or shakes you would recommend for this programme. My main aim is too lose 7 or 8 pounds to get down to my ideal weight and also tone up the flab on my stomach.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Is their any vitamins or shakes you would recommend for this programme. My main aim is too lose 7 or 8 pounds to get down to my ideal weight and also tone up the flab on my stomach.

If you follow the workouts and knock 500cals off your daily intake you will do that in no time at all (2 weeks or less).

Does anybody take any recommended vitamins or shakes to go with this workout. I am cutting down on portion sizes for weight loss but finding i am feeling a bit weak in the night after a workout. If anybody recommends any vitamins or shakes that help with energy and helpful while also trying to lose weight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement