Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extremely sensitive skin.

• 20-05-2012 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi, i'm looking for a moisturizer for dry skin,
    My problem is i also have extremely sensitive skin,
    I have tried many different moisturizer creams,
    they all cause me to have itchy red hives on face.

I have tried everything from cheap creams to expensive natural organic creams,
    and even products like Shae butter, virgin coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, Cocoa butter.
    They all caused itchy hives/spots on face!

The ''only'' thing that soothes and calms my skin is Vasaline,
    However it's very greasy and heavy and i don't like using it.

Any other suggestions please?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

iLost wrote: »
    Hi, i'm looking for a moisturizer for dry skin,
    My problem is i also have extremely sensitive skin,
    I have tried many different moisturizer creams,
    they all cause me to have itchy red hives on face.

I have tried everything from cheap creams to expensive natural organic creams,
    and even products like Shae butter, virgin coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, Cocoa butter.
    They all caused itchy hives/spots on face!

The ''only'' thing that soothes and calms my skin is Vasaline,
    However it's very greasy and heavy and i don't like using it.

Any other suggestions please?

Thank you.

try using Simple brand products. they're great and have a brilliant range for dry skin. they claim to us no harsh chemicals. and they're cheap to buy :) worth a shot in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Have you spoken to your doctor/pharmacist about it? They should be able to recommend something suitable. I have extremely dry skin and la roche posay was recommended to me. It worked really well, but I had only dry skin, no allergic reaction to creams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I like using Cetaphil lotion. The others I also like are Oilateum Natural Repair and Avene Skin Recovery Cream. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

I found almond oil to work very well,its the only thing I've found that's never made me break out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭phelo2121

Try silocks base or aqueous cream my bf is the same even e45 agitated his these r the only.ones he could use!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

+1 on silcocks base - great stuff and really good for sensitive skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Had the same problem as you OP ad I went through all the more expensive brands (Clarins, Clinique etc) thinking that the more convoluted and pricey, the better they were bound to be :rolleyes:

Ended up going back to basics and have been using e45 and aqueous cream with amazing results! I wash my face with plain old water and use a gentle facial scrub once a week to clear any build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I'm in the same boat as you OP - but I haven't found a solution - can't use SIMPLE, e45, cetaphil - not even aqueous or silcocks base. The only thing I can use is a now discontinued Vaseline moisturiser in a tube :( but it's gone from the shelves. I have one tube left and am scared of going back to patches and flare ups from the inevitable trial and error I'll have to resort to.

La Roche Posay, dermalogica - none of them are ok for me. There has to be something out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 iLost

Cork_girl wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you OP - but I haven't found a solution - can't use SIMPLE, e45, cetaphil - not even aqueous or silcocks base. The only thing I can use is a now discontinued Vaseline moisturiser in a tube :( but it's gone from the shelves. I have one tube left and am scared of going back to patches and flare ups from the inevitable trial and error I'll have to resort to.

La Roche Posay, dermalogica - none of them are ok for me. There has to be something out there!!

A friend recommended Aloe vera gel to me.
    I bought a small tube in holland and barrett (only 4 euro)
    99.9% pure Aloe vera gel.

It's AMAZING, it soothes and moisturizes really well,
    with no breakouts or redness.
    When you first put it on it your face feels kind of tight,
    best to put it on before bed, it will soak in over night.
    in the morning my face was soft, clear and felt great.

I love it, i highly recommend you check it out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Dermalogica works for me and I've used it for a number of years. Doesn't irritate my skin at all

Have you also thought about what shower gel/shampoo you use? Anything other than Sanex and Pantene and my skin goes cracked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IsaMtq

I’ve been using cetaphil for about 5 days now! My skin had a really bad reaction to a face cream I got and was red and sore and seriously sensitive – nothing I used worked, until I bought the cetaphil and after 2 days the redness was completely gone – I am in love with this product!! If you havn’t tried it I think its worth a shot. Also the lady in the chemist gave me some laroche posay samples for sensitive skin – I havn’t tried them yet, but maybe you could try get some samples of them – I know it sucks to buy and product to realise it doesn’t work & have wasted your money!!

Another thing I found really soothing was a honey face mask – I just used a normal manuka honey & it really calmed my skin down.

Advertisement