Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

quad bike will not start

• 20-05-2012 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

My Yamaha quad bike 250cc was starting and going well but due to little use I had it stored in my shed for 3 months.
    Yesterday I went out to try and start it nothing happened
    When I turn the ignition on no lights come on the dash and headlights etc wont come on either, its completely dead
    It has a very good battery and fuse under the seat is ok too.
    Can anyone offer advice please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

You need to get a multimeter and start checking the power.
    Starting at the battery and moving along to different places to the ignition to see if there is a problem dropping the power.
    Also do a good physical check of the main earth from the battery.

When you say it has a good battery. Was that when parked up as it may have just gone flat in the three months. Have you tried jumpleads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Johnsey

I had a similar problem with our Honda . When we went to investigate there was a mouse's nest in beside the battery under the seat and the little f***ers had eaten a few of the wires off it ! Could be something similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

More than likely the battery has gone flat. When storing it you should have disconnected the battery and charge it up once a month to keep it from going completely dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭2pack

battery is good and holding charge, even tried jump leads from another car battery but nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

we had same problem recently turned out to be ignition switch.

• Advertisement

oh so new ignition switch then,
    is it the damp wet whether that wrecked the switch inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

2pack wrote: »
    oh so new ignition switch then,
    is it the damp wet whether that wrecked the switch inside?

While it may be the problem it would be madness to just go out and change the ignition switch based on one comment by someone on-line (no offence tismesoitis)..
    What you need to do is isolate the problem and then do what needs to be done.. The swaptronics of just changing stuff to see if it works will be damn expensive.. Can you not get someone who knows a little more to have a look at it..

its just i know someone that had one broke and if its not a big job was going to swap it over myself

Advertisement