Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i5 macbook 4gb of ram

• 20-05-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi guys

just wondering if any of ye are out this spec are happy with it?

i bought it with this spec and was not happy with it.

I guess its important to show where you came from, since expectation levels are always strongly dependant on where u came from, my former machine was a 2007 whit macbook with 4gb of ram running the Lion

i am just a little dissappointed in my new macbook, i was over the moon with my white macbook, and it still outperforms my new macbook pro.

just wondering if anyone out there is feeling the same way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

On paper the new MBP should run rings around the White MB. What aspects are you disappointed with ?

I know the C2D Macbooks were a nippy enough machine, I've seen one running Quartz Composer videos through a projector along with several audio synths in Reason which were then run through Rax at a gig and still have enough horsepower to record the gig via mixing console !! It would be nearing the 100% CPU usage at this stage with 4GB. Anyone who knows this software will know it's heavy on CPU so quite an impressive feat.

The same guy who did the above now has an i7 MBP with 8GB and runs all the above with just 30% CPU across it's 4 cores. You can only really tell in real world situations how much more powerful your machine is I think.

If I was to buy a new MBP it would definitely be an i7 model though. Twice the cores and 4 times the threads !

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

OP if its slow consider investing in an SSD.

I put one in my old 2009 coreduo MBP and it made it lightning fast for everday tasks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

I'd second the SSD idea. New CPUs are way faster than old ones. New hard drives are only marginally faster though, so they end up being the bottleneck.

Advertisement