Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinahely, Co. Wicklow options for internet

• 20-05-2012 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

What are my options for broadband in Tinahely? Are there any FWA operators in the area. I don't really want to have to pay eircom to install a line.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

FWA operators will usually charge for install too. Are you moving to a house with no phone line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There is no phone line at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don't think you always have to pay the €121 or so fee for new line but it's a bit of a gamble in that if the broadband is bad you're in a contract anyway, if turns out o not be suitable for bb, you're in a 6 month contract on the phone (assuming you order a ph and bb bundle, rather than the more expensive bb only option)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not sure how Tinahely is regarding NGB from Eircom,you could be out of luck and end up with poor speeds.

Wicklow broadband cover Tinahely and could be a better option.

http://www.wicklowbroadband.com/coverage.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Nollog

I lived in Tinahely back... 4 or 5 years ago in the square.
    My only option was eircom.

No idea what the situation is like now though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

eircom have taken down the NGB.ie website. Tinahely does not have NGB

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/bundles/ngb/enabled.pdf

What is the top speed with non NGB?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

7mbits. There are some ADSL2 non NGB exchanges but eircom don't provide a list of them.

I could live with 7 to be honest. Gonna try that wicklowbroadband crowd and see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I could live with 7 to be honest. Gonna try that wicklowbroadband crowd and see what they say.

7mbits is the top speed,no guarantee that you'll get that.The good old "up to" phrase gets a lot of Telco's off the hook in that regard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement