Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I/Should I upgrade to GTX 560ti 2GB

Options
  • 20-05-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Okay, here's my current specs

i5 2500k
    Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
    500GB SATA HD
    Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

Current graphics card is a Saphire HD6850 1GB

Given these specs, would it be worthwhile/possible to change to a 2Gb GTX560ti without having to replace anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You've got buckets of room with that PSU, if that's the question.
    The 560ti is a reasonable step up but not exactly massive though. To be honest, I'd wait for the 660ti or wait to see if the 7850 drops a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

ShytePryde wrote: »
    Okay, here's my current specs

i5 2500k
    Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
    500GB SATA HD
    Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

Current graphics card is a Saphire HD6850 1GB

Given these specs, would it be worthwhile/possible to change to a 2Gb GTX560ti without having to replace anything else?
    Yes you can but get a 7850 instead. Much faster when overclocked, cooler, and only needs one six pin.

See Here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ShytePryde

This 7850?

https://www2.hardwareversand.de/2048+MB/57153/Powercolor+HD7850+2GB+GDDR5.article

Only 6 euro more than the 560ti on hardwareversand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

That's the one. I'd spend an extra €10 to get the Sapphire one as it's cooling is great, and whisper quiet.

Review Here.

In that review it's the overclocked version, but overclocking is so easy these days you're better off just doing it yourself. You'll get a massive increase in performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

+1 on the 7850, much better card. Anything from Sapphire/MSI/Asus/Gigabyte and you shouldn't go wrong, definitely better to get a non-reference design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 ShytePryde

Thanks for the help chaps, placing my order now.

Advertisement